Chinese Localization Team Leader, eCommerce - Relocate Bangkok
Our client is looking for a Team Leader who will be responsible for Chinese translation and localization to support the Foreign Language Team in providing a great language experience for their Chinese language customers worldwide.
- You'll bring solid experience in Chinese copywriting and translating
- You are a pro at independently managing a team of linguists
- You thrive while working under pressure and managing tight deadlines
- Love the fact you have an excellent eye for detail
- Strong online marketing, SEO and PPC knowledge
- You will certainly have an edge if you've got previous experience in localization project management!
- At least 2 years full-time work experience, preferably in Translation/Travel/Advertising/Marketing/Publishing
- Mandarin native speaker, with excellent communication skills in English and Chinese
- Degree from an accredited university or college
- Cantonese & Taiwanese fluency is an advantage
- Excel and basic HTML
About our client:
They are one of the fastest growing online hotel booking platforms in Asia, with a global footprint. Despite the success and size of the company, they still operate with a start-up feel.
Based in one of Asia's most dynamic cities, Bangkok provides a setting like no other: edgy, luxurious, impossibly sensorial, endlessly layered. This role offers the perfect junction of a globally-minded career and the heart of Asian travel.
About the role:
You will recruit and manage a team of linguists from China, Taiwan and Hong Kong to ensure that these three Chinese variants reflect the cultural and user behaviors, and to achieve KPIs assigned by the Foreign Language Operations Manager.
- Coordinate localization efforts to provide a great language experience in all Chinese variants
- Support team with information on product updates, context for translation tasks
- Monitor deadlines, team and personal performance
- Monitor quality of both product and content translation / localization
- Support team on recruiting, managing and supervising freelancers
- Provide localization ideas and add a linguistic perspective to development
- Collect and report issues, propose scalable solutions across all languages
- Develop the team to improve translations throughput and quality
- Guide the creative copy discussion to activate the team for marketing challenges
- Arrange regular team meetings and one-on-one meetings
- Represent the team in cross-department communication and collaborations
- Provide management with high quality reporting and localization updates
- Manage hiring process of in-house linguists
- Ad-hoc operations and local marketing & research duties
Sounds like a great fit? Then please apply with your CV today.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Apply for Chinese Localization Team Leader, eCommerce - Relocate Bangkok
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly