Cruise Commercial Executive
Job Description: Cruise Commercial Executive
Reports to: Product Manager/ Head of Department
Summary of the role:
This is an exciting new opportunity within the thriving & expanding Product and Commercial team. You will help merchandise, update and communicate new products & offers, monitor competitor activities and help to source/exploit new opportunities to grow the business. You’ll work closely with cruise line partners, and you’ll communicate on a daily basis with the Sales and Marketing teams. Some work on International websites may be required.
- Liaise with cruise lines to source and create compelling cruise offers.
- Support the focus on both tactical and strategic cruise product promotion.
- Continuously improve understanding of all cruise lines ‘brand personality’, routes and cruise fares to enable effective creation of repackaged cruise holidays
- Establish a thorough understanding of the varied ways that cruise lines supply rates for offers (e.g. net rates, group rates, campaign rates)
- Maintain thorough and efficient merchandising on both the Iglu Cruise & Planet Cruise websites – ensuring messages & prices are primed and up to date at all times.
- Establish a thorough understanding of the current range of package element suppliers (e.g. flights, hotels, transfers) and continuously seek ways to improve the value and margin of the individual elements
- Close liaison with the Marketing department to communicate the availability and key selling points of our products
- Close liaison with the Sales Teams to ensure a thorough understanding of the products and booking process
- Close liaison with the Customer Service Team to ensure correct administration
- Regularly review competitor activity to ensure best customer value/margin
- Any other tasks that may be required within the department from time to time
- Previous experience in the travel industry (In a product/commercial role preferable)
- Ambitious, keen to develop & continually striving to improve
- Passion for excellent customer experience with high levels of attention to detail
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Proficient IT and web search knowledge is advantage
The position is based on a 40 hour working week – typically Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm. Flexibility will be required to cover busy times & events.
Salary: Dependent upon experience.