Specialist Assistance Co-ordinator
Our client is one of the largest and most well-established online travel agents in Europe and have been successfully helping people book their hotels, flights and other travel arrangements. Their commitment to exceptional value for money, extensive range and solid-gold customer service has established them as one of the most visited travel agent websites.
They are now recruiting one permanent and two casual Specialist Assistance Co-ordinators, based in Kingston upon Thames.
- Act as first point of contact for all reservations queries raised by the customer via telephone, mail, internet or fax;
- Liaise with providers to check availability of adapted rooms, onboard supplementary medical oxygen, and the suitability of transfers for the carriage of wheelchairs/mobility scooters;
- Accurately confirm the above mentioned segments of the booking via the clients website along with other elements of the tailor made booking, as requested by the customer or sales agent using the online webform;
- Arrange with flight providers/airlines any airport assistance, carriage of wheelchairs/mobility scooters, medical equipment, medication, and medical seating as required by the customer;
- Ensure that all seating requests or allocations are made in compliance with EU Regulations;
- Develop close contact with our travel providers to leverage the best possible experience for our customers;
- Handle confidential customer medical documents in an efficient manner;
- Familiarise with the individual procedures of each provider or airline;
- Undertake any ad hoc administrative duties reasonable assigned to you by your Line Manager;
- You will be required to assist with operations when needed.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Education to GCSE standard is a minimum requirement with minimum grade 'C' in both Maths and English;
- Experience of working in a customer service environment;
- Knowledge of administrative procedures obtained through working in an office environment;
- Computer literate – A knowledge of a GDS , preferably Travelport (/Amadeus) is considered advantageous;