Operations Manager – Luxury Travel
Our client is a leading European brand. As part of their 2017 expansion, their new and innovative luxury tour operating business is set to launch this summer. The Operations Manager will be a senior role in the business working closely with the Managing Director to ensure successful launch of the business and thereafter the day to day running of the operation.
As a member of the Travel Division Executive Committee, the Operations Manager will be pivotal in moving the business forward, greatly contributing to the overall structure and assisting our client in their growth.
The role will be a challenging and rewarding one and the benefits and career opportunities as our client grows will be significant.
- Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Operations Manager will possess strong commercial, negotiation and pricing skills gained within the luxury travel sector
- The Operations Manager will have proven product expertise and commercial experience and is required to manage the day to day operations and oversee specialist product managers, sales & reservations
- Serve as contractual expert for internal and external business stakeholders, provide guidance and support regarding terms and conditions of contractual agreements, negotiate changes as required in support of the business
- The role will be expected to develop our client’s existing brand & identify strategic new areas of development, drive innovation and conduct research into future development and expansion within the luxury travel sector
- Be responsible for creating company guidelines and procedures for Travel Sales Team
- Responsible for all accreditations e.g. ATOL, IATA, ABTA and ensuring our client meets all membership requirements
- Accountable for the product team and their direct negotiation, planning, purchasing and contracting of the very best rates that are available, ensuring that targets are always delivered with exceptional results
- Responsibilities for the role will include general product management & growth including the monitoring of sales, competitor analysis etc.
- Creating and documenting the customer journey including documentation templates
- Oversee the day to day running of the travel sales team implementing systems and customer journeys and consulting on FIT booking systems and best practices
- Setting team goals and KPI’s and measuring/rewarding/training
Now Let’s Talk About You:
You will be a mid-senior level travel management professional, ideally from a luxury travel background, with full experience of the above duties and responsibilities.
The basic salary is up to £70,000 plus KPI performance related bonuses and company benefits.
Please note we will only respond to successful candidates who meet the job requirements.
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.