Africa Product Manager
Our client is an award winning, forward thinking and dynamic elite tour operator that offer inspirational journeys throughout the world for travellers. Due to success and expansion they are now seeking an experienced Product Manager to the Africa region to join their friendly and busy team. This is an exciting role for existing and driven product professionals seeking something a little different in which you will be rewarded for your hard work.
The Africa Product Manager is responsible for enhancing the client experience via the delivery of inspiring and commercially focused product and relevant documentation within a specific geographical area. Each day will not be the same:
New product development
- Be at the forefront of product development through regular communication with sales teams, tourist boards and suppliers.
- Analysis of competitor products.
- Ensure that product selection and costing is applicable for UK, US and any future new source markets.
- Build strong relationships to ensure good working partnerships with the best suppliers to deliver commercial gains and the very best client experience.
- Promote a focus on product development with Ground Agents.
Procurement & commercial
- Negotiate favourable commercial terms.
- Monitor costs and contracts comparing Ground Agents, direct contracts and competitor range to assess competitiveness and best fit for business.
- Co-ordinate content selection and timely delivery of marketing and PR tasks
- Take responsibility for updating destination text for relevant sections of the website
- Enhance the client experience through the presentation of interesting and relevant features such as restaurants, apps, podcasts and books
- Actively seek out, package and propose new product ideas, value add experiences and special offers for sales teams, marketing and web use
Product knowledge & information sharing
- Keep abreast of product via tourist boards, suppliers, trade show visits.
- Provide regular product training and support to sales across all source markets.
- Plan and deliver familiarisation trips taking responsibility for product mix cost management and post trip training.
- Africa product management experience within a tour operator is essential
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Strong IT skills including good knowledge of MS Excel
- Good analytical skills understanding the importance of profits/performance
- Detail orientated
- Lucrative salary
- Excellent commission, incentives & bonus
- Company mobile
- Career progression
- FAM Trips and generous travel perks
- Childcare vouchers
- Yoga, massage and gym
- Social events and team building activities
- Fresh fruit on a daily basis
- Free eye tests and flu vaccinations
- On-going training
- Day off for your Birthday
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Opportunity to work for a dynamic and forward thinking tour operator, within a friendly team, in state of the art offices, in which you will be rewarded for your hard work.
This Africa Product role for a proactive self-starter who is keen to progress their career within luxury travel. A proven track record in travel and product management is essential to be considered for this position. Give your career a boost and apply today.
Job openings available in the Oxford and Cheltenham areas also.
To apply click APPLY NOW, any questions give us a call on 0208 393 9925 and our dedicated team can assist in locating the right opportunity for you.