Travel Sales Consultant
When Travelbag began back in 1979 we wanted to offer more than just package holidays. And that’s just one of the reasons why we’re still tailor-making to worldwide destinations today.
We are now recruiting for Travel Sales Consultants to join the teams in Chester (Sandycroft) and Knutsford, London, Brighton, Wichester and Alton
In this role you will maximise sales, turnover and profitability of our products by providing a high quality service, specialist knowledge and salesmanship for all enquiries. You will ensure all enquiries are handled in a professional manner, providing the best possible experience for our customers and ensure they keep returning to us.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 5 days over 7 including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Proactively match customer requests to our extensive range of products, maximising all sales opportunities whilst providing a perfect holiday experience.
- Consistently achieve individual monthly sales targets as well as contribute to the overall achievement of the store targets. Ensure your product knowledge is up-to-date and share this with colleagues.
- Proactively sell ancillary products e.g. travel insurance, transfers Act as an ambassador to Travelbag.
- Ensure all customers are greeted and responded to appropriately
- Ensure excellent customer service is provided to all customers at all times
- Effectively handle customer complaints to minimise customer dissatisfaction and encourage repeat business
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure each team member is provided the opportunity to develop and maximize their potential
- Provide feedback on success of promotional activities
- Attend, participate in and contribute positively towards team meetings/briefings Recommend constructive improvements to system or working practices
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Previous travel industry experience – ideally in tailor-made long haul
- Proven record of meeting and exceeding sales targets
- GDS experience an advantage, but full training will be given
- Good IT skills and experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong communication skills with the ability to provide service to our customers through varied methodology – i.e. face to face, by telephone and by e-mail
- Ability to work under own supervision and as part of a team
- Enthusiastic and persuasive
- Attention to detail and ability to problem solve
- A passion for travel