Events Executive - Brighton £25-28k plus bonus
This international educational travel organisation specialises in arranging short-term placements for healthcare students in Africa, Asia and South America. As a dynamic and fast-paced organisation, there is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Events Executive to join the team.
Based in their head office in Brighton, the successful candidate will be tasked with generating sales leads by delivering university presentations, attending student society events, and increasing the number of returning student 'Ambassadors'. The ability to build and develop relationships at all professional levels is key. A desire and enthusiasm to learn is also essential.
Although the position is predominately based in the UK head office in Brighton, there will be certain periods of the year where extensive travel within the UK to university events will require some overnight stays and/or evening and weekend work.
Event Executive - Responsibilities -
- Representing the company at university events across the UK by delivering presentations to student groups
- Manage the UK events calendar, securing presentations at existing university partners, in addition to sourcing new event opportunities
- Developing and maintaining relationships with university student societies to increase event opportunities, brand awareness and growth of the UK business
- Providing cover, when required, for the UK sales team which includes contacting new and existing enquiries and responding to all incoming phone and email sales enquiries
- Working closely with the Global Sales and Marketing Team in the UK, Australia and The Netherlands to develop sales strategies in line with company objectives
- Other tasks as reasonably requested by the UK Development Manager
Event Executive - Skills -
- Educated to degree level
- Demonstrable presentation/public speaking experience
- Work experience in an academic environment ideal
- Excellent relationship building and presentation skills and the ability to engage with people of all ages and at all academic levels
- Telephone sales experience and excellent phone manner is essential
- Energetic, focused and results orientated mentality, with the confidence to achieve targets and generate sales leads
- Full clean driving licence and valid passport essential
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk