Groups and Events Specialist
Groups and Events Specialist Required for this growing TMC based in central London. They are looking for an experienced groups and events consultant ideally working for another TMC with Sabre knowledge. You will organising groups and events both in the UK and to worldwide destinations. They will pay up to £15ph + benefits for the successful candidate.
Group and Events Specialist duties
- Researching, planning and delivering event and group travel logistics to deadlines, either alone or with the team.
- Maintaining a good relationship with our corporate clients, communicating any relevant account information to the Groups & Events Manager or Account Manager.
- Creating clear and attractive event proposals to clients, following up and responding within agreed SLA's.
- Maintaining and building on a solid knowledge of venues and other event suppliers, for UK and overseas events. Increase industry awareness by attending supplier presentations and functions, venue inspections and familiarisation trips when required.
- Keeping invoicing up to date, through both Sabre and internal event logs.
- Occasional onsite event assistance and overtime will be required
Group and Events Specialist skills required
- Previous experience within the UK travel industry, ideally within a group travel and/or events role.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Sabre GDS programme.
- Able to take a client brief and provide effective and appropriate solutions, matching the client's criteria.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft office, primarily Outlook, Word and Excel
- Genuine interest in events, hotels and venues
If you are interested in the above role please call Harri on 0207 397 1297 quoting 45606 or send your CV to Harri@candm.co.uk
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk