Global Helpdesk Consultant
5 days left
- Contract Type
Global Helpdesk Consultant
Global Helpdesk Consultant Salary: Basic up to £30k dependent on experience Plus benefits!
Brief Overview of the Position
Providing flexible operational support, as an extension of the Global Helpdesk & Global Duty Office. This role will evolve over time into a fully 24/7 support that will be available 365 days a year, but initially the hours/shifts will be varied so you will need to be flexible (hours to be discussed at interview). Providing exceptional customer service is the main focus, as both the Helpdesk & the Duty Office are the main point of contact for all Staff, Partners and Clients needing support & guidance with any day to day issues or supporting them with any in resort issues or emergency situations. You will be required to support the duty office in monitoring of worldwide events and alerts from other Trade Partners. Will then be proactive in running reports to identify any bookings affected and communicating updates to our Staff, Partners and Clients
Global Helpdesk Consultant Duties & Responsibilities may include:
- Dealing with queries and communicating effectively with the Staff and Partners via various means, namely email, telephone and Lync messages as well as Live chat.
- Problem solving - Dealing with system & human errors quickly and efficiently.
- Assisting Staff and Partners with the systems are used on a daily basis.
- Pro-actively chasing information from direct contracts and suppliers whilst building and maintaining effective relationships. This will also include chasing confirmation of on request bookings.
- Assist Staff, Partners and where appropriate their clients with any in resort issues.
- Understanding fare rules to allow the processing of voluntary changes to scheduled flights including IT, Consolidated and published tickets.
- Managing involuntary flight schedule changes and then assisting our Staff and Clients with amending or cancelling any affected ground components
- Issue new flight tickets outside of normal office hours.
- Working to a rotating shift pattern, which will eventually include providing 24/7 support on a rota basis.
- Obtaining rates and checking availability via the in-house booking system.
- Providing quotes for amendments and cancellations to both in house package bookings and individually quoted ground components e.g. Hotels transfers, car hire etc. and then process accordingly.
- Investigation of any XML queries
- Other reasonable duties as directed by the Operations Manager
- Supporting other departments namely Aftersales.
Global Helpdesk Consultant Summary of Qualifications
- Experience of working in travel
- Able to work unusual hours/out of hours support (24/7 on a rotating shift pattern) including night shifts
- Able to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues
- GDS experience (Galileo preferable) - to obtain best possible flight options/fares. GDS trained.
- Understanding of fare rules to allow the processing of voluntary changes to scheduled flights including IT, consolidated and published tickets
- Ability to issue flight tickets.
- High Standard of accuracy & attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Problem solving
- The successful candidate will be organised, a good listener, a clear communicator and a relationship builder that shares our passion for delivering excellent customer service.
- They should enjoy working as part of a team, but be able to organise their own workload and be pro-active.
- Experience of Ticket re-issues and fare building (desirable)
If you are interested in the above role please call Daniel on 0161 238 4492 quoting Job# 46360 or send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk
Apply for Global Helpdesk Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly