Bring your talents and previous travel sales experience to John Allan Travel and help us to gather together a dream team for an exciting future in retail travel! Based in Didcot Oxfordshire for 26 years, we are keen to maintain the highest standards of service and reliability and enhance our standing as a leading fully independent travel agency. With your contribution and happy disposition, we can do even better! This is a full time position for an ambitious travel consultant who loves designing itineraries and picking exactly the right holiday for face to face, telephone, web and email enquirers.
* Travel consultant in a lively, naturally light and airy 'high street' retail office
* Discussing, quoting and arranging the perfect holiday
* The widest choice of tour operators to work with
* Design itineraries when standard package holidays simply won't do
* Add excursions, car hire and ancillaries, where appropriate
* Presenting smart and helpful documentation
* Maintaining and improving our image as a leading travel agency
* Working 5 days, 37.5 hours, per week, Saturdays on rotation
* 20 day annual leave, plus all Bank Holidays
* Open Mon-Fri 0900-1730, Sat 0900-16:00
EXPERIENCE and SKILLS NEEDED:
* Previous retail travel experience - the more, the better
* A passion for travel
* A good memory for places and properties you have seen, or researched
* Excellent world knowledge
* Determined to keep on learning
* Naturally excellent communication skills
* Good keyboard skills and accuracy
WISH LIST (not essential):
* A good memory for client names and faces
* Marketing skills
* Computer skills
* Understanding social media opportunities
* Willing to train and be trained
* Happy to take educational trips to learn more
* A generous salary according to experience and skills, from around £17k pa to more than £20k pa, plus sales bonus.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO WORK WITH US?
Please email your CV and why you wish to be considered by clicking "Apply Now"
Apply for TRAVEL CONSULTANT
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly