Purchasing Manager - Specialist Travel Company
Purchasing Manager - Specialist Tour Operator - Competitive Salary
This prestigious specialist tour operator in Surrey are looking for a Purchasing Manager to join their team to oversee and co-ordinate the negotiation and completion of contracts with worldwide suppliers. Working closely with the Product team you will also be responsible for sourcing new suppliers. On top of a competitive salary you will be rewarded with excellent benefits and the chance to be part of an inspiring company who continue to make significant investments in their staff, office environment and technology.
Purchasing Manager - Role & Responsibilities:
- Contract negotiations with existing or potential suppliers to secure best possible rates, terms and conditions, commission and overrides in order to deliver meet and exceed targets.
- Source new suppliers across Italy, the Azores, China, Norway, New York and Costa Rica.
- Travel overseas to negotiate new and existing contracts as well as undertaking product inspections.
- Work closely with the sales, operations and marketing teams to ensure staff are fully trained on new contracts as well as providing contract supplier information for website copy, brochures and presentations.
- Attend and represent the company at relevant trade and public exhibitions.
- Conduct overseas supplier health and safety audits.
Purchasing Manager - Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous experience in a contracting or purchasing role within the travel industry.
- Strong commercial awareness and proven negotiation skills.
- Experience of negotiating on a business to business basis with long term suppliers.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Educated to degree level or business equivalent.
Purchasing Manager - Additional Information:
- Competitive Salary (to be confirmed on application).
- Wide range of company benefits.
- Previously successful candidates have come from a background as Product and Contracts Manager, Purchasing Manager, Contracts Manager, Product Manager background.
If you would like to apply for the role of Purchasing Manager please email your CV to Lisa@candm.co.uk or call Lisa or Louise on 017373099894
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk