Sales Team Leader (Ocean Team)
Job title: Sales Team Leader (Ocean Team)
Responsible to: Sales Performance Manager
Locations: Nelson’s House, Wimbledon
Job Reference Number: STL
As a team leader you will have responsibility for developing, motivating and coaching a team of specialist cruise consultants ensuring that the highest levels of customer service are maintained at all times.
- Manage, coach and motivate a team of specialist cruise consultants to ensure sales KPI’S are met to minimum standards.
- Increase team conversion through coaching and feedback.
- Listen, observe, feedback to the consultants on their performance and implement action plans to improve performance.
- Conduct regular 1 to 1’s & appraisals to review performance
- Provide feedback on team performance to Sales Performance Manager/Head of Sales
- Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of the team on a day to day basis
- Ensure team are up to date with the latest offers and product offerings to help enhance sales/customer service
- Monitor attendance/timekeeping and manage any absence, return to work interviews and disciplinary issues with the assistance of the supervisor/head of sales
- Monitor and manage poor performance with the team in line with Viking procedures and policies
- Identify training requirements and communicate to the management team
- Help with the Cruise specialist advisor recruitment as per business needs
Reporting and Responsibilities
- This role reports to the Sales Performance Manager
- This role manages up a team of Specialist Cruise Consultants.
Role of Department
- The Call Centre is responsible for responding to all inbound customer sales calls and meeting monthly and annual sales targets by converting calls in to bookings.
Key Result Areas
- Meeting team monthly and annual individual and team sales targets: conversion rates and revenue targets.
- Monitoring consultants’ calls and giving feedback and individual coaching on performance.
- MS Office to Intermediate Level
- Avaya IQ
Decisions Making and Problem Solving
- Makes decisions in own sphere of influence.
- Analytical and proactive approach to solving problems within own team, refers to the Sales Performance Manager or Head of Sales for decisions regarding higher levels of authority.
Communications and Relationships
- The main internal contacts are within the Sales, Marketing, Air and Operations teams and Guest Services team.
- The external contacts are Viking customers and agency partners.
Income and Expenditure
- No budget responsibility.
- Responsible for driving income from reservations in their team of ten sales consultants.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of working in a target driven sales environment (preferably call centre)
- Experience with performance management and disciplinary processes
- Experience in giving on the spot feedback to team members
- Display good commercial awareness and understanding of company vision, objectives and strategy along with strong competitor awareness
- 2 years Call Centre management experience (desirable)
- Travel background (desirable)
- Avaya IQ experience (desirable)
- Excellent verbal and written communicator, with strong interpersonal skills
- Passion for driving sales through the team
- Ability to motivate self and others
- Ability to bring about and respond well to change, and business objectives
- Highly flexible, positive and resilient with the ability to be innovative and create a fun environment
- Pro-active problem solver and takes ownership for own performance and development