Guest Services Executive
Job title: Guest Services Executive
Responsible to: Guest Services Team Leader
Department: Guest Services
Locations: Nelson’s House, Wimbledon
To be responsible for responding to all pre and post cruise enquiries and correspondence from guests, either by telephone, email or letter.
- Ensure the required level of guest service and communication is achieved by telephone, letter and email at all times.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency depending on the volume of enquiries, and adapt and prioritise as required.
- Maintain the highest level of written communications for pre and post travel correspondence.
- Provide information which is 100% accurate and which addresses 100% of the guest’s questions during each contact.
- Investigate and resolve all complaints in accordance with company processes and industry guidelines, in a timely and fair manner, to achieve the best possible outcome for both guest and business.
- Allocate compensation based on company standards, to the approval of the relevant management.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of company policies and procedures for dealing with clients who have special requirements, and assist colleagues and management to ensure these are followed consistently.
- Identify potential problems relating to guest service and proactively work to find solutions to enhance the guest experience.
- Communicate to relevant management/internal contacts information about guest needs and expectations, and levels of guest satisfaction.
- Assist other departments with escalated guest enquiries or complaints, ensuring the guest remains the priority.
- Communicate effectively with guests and external contacts.
- Ensure the teams and companies’ objectives and goals are met.
- Develop and increase knowledge of products and geographical areas through training and self-development.
- Act as out of office emergency contact on a rota basis.
- Set an example of guest service best practice within the company as a whole.
Reporting and Responsibilities
- This role reports to the Guest Services Team Leader
- This role has no direct reports.
Role of Department
- The Guest Services team is responsible for responding to all guest enquiries and complaints that are received by telephone, email or letter, in line with established guidelines.
Key Result Areas
- Responsible for investigating and managing guest complaints.
- Responsible for determining appropriate levels of compensation in discussion with the Guest Services Manager or Guest Services Team Leader.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- MS Office to Intermediate Level
Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Makes decisions in own sphere of influence.
- Analytical and proactive approach to solving problems within own team, refers to Guest Services Manager/Team Leader for decisions regarding higher levels of compensation.
Communications and Relationships
- The main internal contacts are within the Air and Operations teams, Guest Services team and Sales Call Centre.
- The external contacts are worldwide Viking offices, guests, airlines and rail travel providers.
Income and Expenditure
- Budget responsibility for compensation up to £100.00 shipboard credit and £100 cash per guest.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Six months’ experience of working in a customer/guest services environment.
- Travel industry experience (desirable)
- Experience of dealing with and resolving complaints.
- Experience of managing and exceeding guest expectations.
- Understanding of guest service standards and guidelines.
- Experience in allocating compensation (desirable)
- Experience in preparing written correspondence for guests, ideally letters (desirable)
- Exceptional guest services and administration skills.
- Excellent communications skills, written and interpersonal.
- Good organisational and prioritising skills.
- IT Literate – experience of travel reservation systems.
- Ability to build rapport quickly and empathise with a guest.
- Ability to deal with guests and external contacts in a professional, confident and assertive manner.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of the team.
- Ability to remain calm and patient under pressure.
- Pro-active problem solver.
- Positive and enthusiastic approach to work with a dedicated and flexible attitude.
- Ability to take ownership of their own performance and development.
- A willingness to work a 5 day over 7 days shift system.
- A willingness to attend and support Viking’s guest events in the UK (a few days per year).
Apply for Guest Services Executive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly