We now have a fantastic opportunity for an outgoing, dedicated and hardworking Finance Assistant to join this vibrant and innovative award winning tour operator. This role would suit an ambitious Finance Assistant who is looking to join a successful tour operator that is currently expanding and needs an extra addition to their happy team.
Your responsibility would be to manage and control the company’s purchase ledger and sales ledger functions; ensuring that all purchase invoices received are processed in the accounting system, resolving all queries with suppliers, arranging payments to suppliers and reconciling supplier statements.
Some Of The Main Responsibilities:
- Assist with auditing the account entries and reconciliation of various client accounts and bank accounts
- Assist with preparation of weekly bank reconciliations
- Any ad hoc projects as and when needed
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Process, record, and reconcile all purchase and expense invoices
- Process payment runs in accordance with company policy to ensure suppliers are paid on time
- Assist with preparation daily, period, and year end reports
- Dealing with queries from travel suppliers
- Ensuring all supplier invoices are filed accurately and timely
- Posting supplier invoices into SAGE 50 Accounts professional accounting system
- Assist with sales ledger remittance posting
- Checking the accounts email daily and printing invoices and statements sent, replying to emails
- Answering phone calls and resolving queries
- File accounting records and archive accordingly
Qualified AAT/equivalent, if you are part-qualified in either ACCA or CIMA it would be beneficial but not essential.
Your Essential Skills:
- At least one-year travel experience within a Finance Department including experience of SAGE 50 Accounts professional
- Hard working with can-do-attitude, can work under pressure, able to meet deadlines, eager to learn, good telephone and professional manners and punctual
- Strong MS Excel skills required
- The successful candidate MUST have previous experience in an Accounts Assistant/Finance Assistant role
Salary: £20,000 - £23,000 per annum
Sounds Like You?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.