Customer Service Manager – Tour Operator
Our client is offering a career developing opportunity to an experienced Customer Service Manager with a knack for developing great professional relationships. This luxury tour operator is looking for a dedicated Customer Service Manager who will lead and drive the customer service department to deliver world class service to its travel customers. The role is ideally created for a problem-solver who thinks inside, outside and under the box, someone who is a great team player, ambitious and looking for their next challenging travel role.
This tour operator has a close team of travel professionals, all with different interests and talents so when working together, real magic happens. Their culture is simple; anything is possible if you work hard and enjoy what you do.
- Lead, manage and inspire a small team of Customer Service Co-ordinators ensuring all are supported and developed in their roles
- Implement a consistent and clear vision of the Customer Service journey and structure to enable continuous growth and development
- Investigate and solve pre and post departure customer escalations and issues
- Ensure proactive communication between the luxury tour operator and its customers with regular progress reports
- Maintain customer records of inquiries, comments and complaints
- Analyse the customer service that the tour operator provides and conduct follow up calls and customer satisfaction surveys
- Continuous training for the Customer Service team ensuring they have full and up to date knowledge of both the holiday products and best Customer Service practice
- Take full charge of the more serious complaints and client compensation
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, including the ABTA code of conduct, review current Customer Service processes, challenge and suggest improvements where necessary
Now Let’s Talk About You:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Senior CS Executive/CS Manager with experience in both Pre and Post Departure CS environments within a tailor-made/dynamic packaging tour operator. Our client will not consider candidates from a cruise or an airline background
- A natural leader with the ability to influence, inspire and develop Customer Service Co-ordinators with a thorough understanding of Customer Service methodologies
- Knowledge of the ABTA code of conduct with regards to dealing with customer service issues
- Solid prioritisation and organisation skills, ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Ability to see the bigger picture and how actions impact on the company in a wider context
- Excellent telephone manner, friendly and approachable with a consultative approach
- Attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
There is an excellent salary package on offer as the role is paying up to £32,000 per annum, plus a performance related bonus and benefits.
Sounds Like You?
If so, we’d love to hear from you today!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.