Worldwide Product Manager
Our client is on the hunt for an experienced travel product manager. This is a very exciting opportunity to join a luxury and specialist travel brand. The role will oversee the preferred product selection for our client from sourcing product, driving marketing campaigns and implementing the product & marketing campaigns to the sales team, including delivering incremental business across new destinations through trends and in line with our client’s leisure strategy.
The successful candidate will build great relationships with partners in the luxury sector, the product manager will contract hotels, hotel groups, DMC’s and suppliers alike. The role will involve liaising day to day with the sales team across ad hoc requests as well as tactical and strategic collaboration to generate revenue and growth.
The role will play an integral part in the relaunch of the brand, offline and digital assets including websites.
- Working alongside the marketing team, the product manager will be responsible for the ongoing development and delivery of worldwide luxury products
- Producing a clearly defined product portfolio/programme following a full analysis (including competitor analysis) based on the business needs and demands as well as in line with the draft program in place
- To work alongside the Sales & Marketing Manager with contracting and negotiating pricing with third party suppliers, receptive tour operators/DMO’s and trade partners
- Sourcing and driving the very best deals that are available ready for in-house marketing campaigns and any third-party publishers such as press offers
- Helping to secure tactical offers that are a mix of ‘always on’ and ad hoc
- Analysing and reporting on destinations and products, including all analysis
- Supporting and develop new and existing tourist board relationships
- Assisting Sales & Operations with product related queries on an ad hoc basis daily with a view to finding incremental revenue when negotiating new bookings
- To be responsible for implementing direct contracts into the back-office system
- Liaising with external suppliers and third parties to arrange training sessions
- Producing activity reports for senior management and third party suppliers
- Continuous delivery of product to sales teams, including regular training and presentations
- Checking Sales quotes either by using the back-office CRM or listening to ad-hoc calls, to ensure that Sales Consultants are quoting the correct product
- Attend trade shows both in the UK and abroad as well as travel for contracting and education/training purposes
- Supporting the sales team with in resort issues and following up feedback from clients and suppliers
Now Let’s Talk about You:
- Travel Product Manager with minimum 3 years’ Product Management Experience
- Results focused and committed to the values surrounding outstanding service delivery through effective product and people management
- Ability to multi-task, and work on own initiative making informed decisions within area of responsibility
- Experience of working at a strategic level. In particular, an understanding of mainstream and luxury product mix and negotiating deals in a highly competitive market place
- Inspirational leader who engages employees to achieve results by being self-motivated while approaching work with a positive “can do” attitude
- A leader who is a good decision make, portraying excellent influencing skills
- Flexibility to adapt to an ever-changing environment with a genuine desire to succeed
- Experience of attending conferences, FAM’s and events relevant to the destinations covered in both a social, training and contracting capacity
A generous package is on offer to the right candidates, where the basic salary is £35,000 - £45,000 per annum, dependent on experience, plus excellent benefits.
Sounds Like You?
We’d love to hear from you today!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.