Product Owner - Marketing - eCommerce Travel leader -- Bangkok
Product Owner - Marketing - global eCommerce Travel leader -- Bangkok
Please note this role is based in Bangkok, Thailand. Our client is very keen to hear from individuals who are willing to relocate. They offer very comprehensive salary package but full relocation and visa sponsorship.
Our client is one of the world's largest and fastest growing online travel agents and is now established among the premier ecommerce companies Asia. Coming from over 60 countries, their 2,000+ person team is energetic and hyper-focused on every last detail of the internet. Despite their size, they feel like a startup. Their product owners interact with C-Level executives all day, every day and are empowered to create, measure and improve every aspect of the business with very little overhead or bureaucracy.
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to work at the cutting edge of marketing optimization? Would you want to work in a rapidly growing company with some of the sharpest minds in the industry? How about living in one of the world's most beautiful countries, one top-rated by expats? Then this is the place for you!
This company is an online hotel and accommodation booking website and part of by far the largest and fastest growing travel portfolio in the world. The best part is that each brand operates independently, meaning they have the resources of a big enterprise, but the mentality of an entrepreneurial startup.
What do product owners in marketing love about this company?
- You decide the roadmap and there's virtually no red tape to get it approved. Have a crazy idea that you think will move the dial? Start engineers working on it tomorrow. We are very fast-movingand entrepreneurial.
- This company has an unlimited marketing budget because they operate against profitability constraints. That means your tests run fast and at massive scale.
- They run one of the most sophisticated marketing engines in the world, praised by partners like Google and TripAdvisor. They eat technology, complex systems and machine learning for breakfast.
- This firm attracts top talent from brands like Google, Microsoft and Amazon, which means you're learning from the best.
They operate at massive scale!
- +1 billion keywords across a dozen search engines
- 600 million bids updated daily using machine learning algorithms
- Millions of ads created programmatically across 50 languages every day
- Hundreds of millions spent in performance marketing every year
- Over 120 million SEO-optimized landing pages
What's the work like? The product team is the company's engine for innovation. A product owner is the CEO of his or her product, operating with considerable autonomy. They are responsible for defining and executing on a vision for their products, as well as communicating that vision to senior management.
A product owner is the CEO of his or her product, operating with considerable autonomy. They are typically in charge of a specific set of marketing products, whether SEO, pricing optimization, email systems, affiliate tools, landing pages, bidding algorithms, search advertising automation, and many others. They work closely with counterparts in the marketing department, sharing with them revenue-driven KPIs and a drive to experiment and innovate our way to growth.
Product owners can expect to work on the cutting edge of technology, data, digital marketing, algorithmic decision-making and consumer psychology - all at a scale that very few ecommerce companies in the world today can offer. And, you get to live in Thailand!
This role is based at Bangkok, Thailand and expenses related to getting a work permit and visa and relocating your family and belongings to Bangkok will be covered.
- Lead company-wide product innovation in a specific area of marketing by owning the vision and roadmap and defining KPIs for that area. Relentlessly prioritize innovations to achieve growth goals
- Communicate your vision extensively with stakeholders across the organization, particularly in the marketing department
- Closely manage a sprint team of engineers and often data scientists to execute on the roadmap. Write detailed user stories in consultation with UX specialists, designers, and analysts
- Act quickly on trends and opportunities by staying up to date on an extremely dynamic and competitive industry
Qualifications and experience:
- Experience managing marketing campaigns or building products and technologies that power them, preferably at a large-scale ecommerce company
- Extremely comfortable with data and analysis. Proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
- Passion for rapidly designing and building projects, then A/B testing their success
- Entrepreneurial and analytical; effective at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business
- Ability to motivate and inspire engineering teams to achieve beyond what they imagined possible
- MBA, advanced math or engineering degree
- Experience with emerging data-mining technology, machine learning or data science
- Able to design large data structures and write complex SQL queries
If this role sounds like it's for you please send us your CV right now. Our client will be starting interviews imminently.