SEO Product Owner - global eCommerce leader - relo to Bangkok
SEO Product Owner - global eCommerce leader - Bangkok, Thailand
PLEASE NOTE: THIS ROLE IS BASED IN THAILAND - Full relocation and visa sponsorship provided.
This American dotcom, a top 5 player in their industry, operates a global network that includes more than 250,000 partners worldwide. Our client provides a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best hotel deals to both business and leisure travellers.
Role:Reporting directly to the VP of Product and based in Bangkok, Product Owners are responsible for defining the overall strategy and goals for various products, including the website, mobile applications and mobile website, email marketing, as well as advanced internal products and tools such as algorithmic PPC bidding systems and pricing software. POs drive the relentless innovation required to stay ahead in an extremely dynamic and competitive industry. You will create and maintain a product roadmap and be responsible for communication with all stakeholders (business heads, marketing, developers, and senior management) to ensure that my client's products continue to perform at the highest possible level and serve the needs of their many customer groups. You will see the big picture and the small detail at the same time. You understand the broad needs of the business, scan the competitive landscape in which my client's product operates, spot trends and technical developments and update the product roadmap as needed. At the same time, you will understand every detail of the product from design to functionality to usability. You will need to understand various ecommerce metrics and concepts very well - conversion, repeat rates, ROI, site performance metrics, bounce rates, return on investment, etc.
In summary, an a Product Owner you can expect to work on the cutting edge of technology, data, digital marketing, algorithmic decision-making and consumer psychology - all at a scale that very few ecommerce companies in the world today can offer.
- Leading company-wide product innovation
- Setting strategic direction of the site based on customer needs and business goals
- Converting strategic goals into operational tasks
- Working with graphic designers to create and maintain consistent, branded look and feel across all products
- Defining navigational flow and user experience on the site, apps, etc.
- Making proposals to senior management regarding implications of proposed plans
- Developing and implementing administrative and operational matters ensuring achievement of objectives
- Defining KPIs for all projects and evaluating the success of a project.
- Evaluating risks and tradeoffs associated with each course of action
- Working closely with users to ensure all projects meet business needs.
- Proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
- Experience with emerging data-mining technology
- Experience working in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- Experience and passion for web design, functionality and testing
- Experience in new market, i.e., China (Baidu), Russia (Yandex), Korea (Naver) - DESIRED
- Enthusiasm to develop engineered processes and technologies and to apply innovative solutions to make organizational improvements while encouraging creative thinking and innovation
- Ability to motivate and inspire development teams to achieve beyond what they imagined possible
- Entrepreneurial and analytical; effective at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business
- Experience with the latest internet trends and technologies
- MBA or advanced Math, Computer Science or Statistics degree preferred
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies and skill sets:
- Relentless curiosity and an urge to innovate, measure and improve
- Openness to change and new information
- Proven skills in recruitment and staff leadership
- Hands-on mentality
- Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses
- Process oriented and strong problem-solving skills
- Capacity to identify and keep up to date on relevant global trends
- Collaborative and consensual approach.
- Commitment to 'speed wins' philosophy
- Highly ethical
- Sense of humor, humility
Please note my client welcomes applications from overseas candidates and will provide visa sponsorship and relocation assistance.
If this role sounds like it's for you please send us your CV right now. Our client will be starting interviews imminently.
Apply for SEO Product Owner - global eCommerce leader - relo to Bangkok
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly