Change Control Executive - Travel Republic
Travel Republic is one of the largest and most well-established online travel agents in Europe and have been successfully helping people book their hotels, flights and other travel arrangements. Our commitment to exceptional value for money, extensive range and solid-gold customer service has established us as one of the most visited travel agent websites. We have received the Best Hotel Booking Website, Best Online/ Call Centre Travel Agent and Best Travel Retailer for Customer Service at the British Travel Awards 2015 as well as Best Agent Website award from Travolution three years in a row.
We are now recruiting for a Change Control Executive, based in Kingston upon Thames. Reporting to the Change Control Manager, you will undertake duties across the operational changes areas to deliver timely and accurate responses and actions to in-house and travel provider enforced amendments and in so doing, ensure efficient and professional communication with customers. You will have strong focus on best cost solutions and mitigating exposure to the company through operational changes is an important task.
- Ensure that flight and hotel change notifications are processed, reviewed and actioned effectively.
- Develop close contact with our travel providers to leverage best possible outcome for our customers and the company
- Ensure communication to other customer service departments is completed clearly.
- Contacting customers directly to advise them of booking amendments and offering suitable options / alternatives to retain custom an prevent cancellations
- Monitor trends in supplier performance and IT support in order to identify areas for improvement
- Direct telephone contact with customers
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Customer focused and a record of telephone contact work
- Highly adept at IT and internet systems usage
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Pro-active problem solver, able to work on own initiative and remain calm under pressure
- Good team player able to work alongside colleagues and share workload
- Experience of building relationships with internal colleagues and external suppliers
- Previous experience of telephone contact work
The role will require flexibility to work outside of a 9-6 pattern and will include weekends to support the business needs. Working week will be scheduled on a roster basis
This role is being managed by WorkAdvisor, closing date 28 May