Development Manager (Bangkok) - Client in London 28th June
Our client is coming to London to interview talented Development Managers to join the team in Bangkok, Thailand.
For their rapidly growing IT organization, we are looking for Development Managers from many different experiences and qualifications to strengthen their teams in Bangkok, Thailand. Our client will be holding two days of face to face interviews in London on the 28th & 29th June for those interested in learning more.
- Must have run engineering teams before, teams no smaller than 6 people
- Passionate about technology and the Internet
- Must have worked in a successful agile development team
- Be an inspiring leader; what will make your engineers go the extra mile?
- Willing to relocate to Bangkok, Thailand - full relocation and visa sponsorship provided
The development manager role is one of the most significant and challenging roles at the company. The right candidate should both be extremely hands on, technically excellent and solid engineering principles as well as exhibiting strong leadership and people development skills. We are looking for world class development managers to lead their website engineering team and bring it to where it belongs: the number one spot.
The hands on part of the job is fundamental. Whilst you may not be expected to code, it's important to have a love of engineering and a passion for building things. Staying in touch with where the industry is going is a must as well as having strong opinions about how systems must be engineered and maintained. This company believes in full stack engineering and as such this should mean you have solid experience in all parts of the technology stack: infrastructure, client-side, back-end, performance, data and others.
As a technology company they have to keep up with the latest ideas and innovations and make key choices when to adopt, when to follow and when to innovate. Previous experience of making the right choices will be required as you will be responsible for the technical direction of their key asset: the website.
Despite their investment and belief in technology, people are still their greatest asset. The right candidate will have a keen interest in developing people: inspiring those around them so they can achieve their potential. Being able to bring A-players such as yourself from outside and integrating them into the business will also be important.
- Extremely proficient in an object orientated language (C#, java, Scala)
- Extremely proficient in modern coding practices (dependency injection, design patterns)
- Back-end development (MVC, APIs, data retrieval)
- Proficient in lower level engineering (Garbage collection, context switching, threading)
- Extremely proficient in automatic testing (Nunit, Selenium, Mocha)
- Good understanding of Internet technologies (HTTP, SSL, TCP)
If you feel you are the right candidate to take them to the next level then get in touch! Our client is full of like minded people who demand success and ensure they reach it,
Full relocation package provided if successful.