Swedish Linguist and Localisation Specialist -Relocate Budapest
Swedish Linguist and Localisation Specialist -- Relocate to Budapest
PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE IS BASED IN BUDAPEST! You must be willing to relocate to Hungary if you are interested in this role.
This American dotcom, a top 5 player in their industry, operates a global network that includes more than 250,000 partners worldwide. Our client provides a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best hotel deals to both business and leisure travellers.
Role:The offices of our client are staffed by a team of multi-national professionals. We are looking for a Swedish Linguist and Localisation Specialist to join their team and help improve localisation of multiple products. Join this international team in a beautiful central Budapest location and work in a fun and fast paced environment! Responsibilities:
- Maintain quality of product translation/localisation
- Translate English content (site updates, hotel content, press releases, travel articles, promotional emails and newsletters)
- Recruit, manage and supervise freelance translators
- Ensure freelance translations meet required deadlines and quality standards
- Provide localisation ideas and add a linguistic perspective to development
- Conduct product reviews for inconsistencies and localisation issues
- Analyse language specific data to optimise website and campaign performance
- Conduct marketing activities to increase visibility of the company and website traffic within the target market
- Research and identify local partnership opportunities
- Assist with interdepartmental requests
- Native-level Swedish speaker with excellent writing skills
- University or College Degree
- Experience in translations preferably using a CAT tool
- Good English skills, internet knowledge and comfortable with research
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excel and basic HTML knowledge is a plus
- Travel industry experience is a plus
If this role sounds like it's for you please send us your CV right now. Our client will be starting interviews imminently.