Personal Travel Assistant
- Contract Type
This is a new role, operating in a small team that works with our highest value customer segments, with a be-spoke and flexible customer approach that helps create elite golf travel experiences.
This role will provide a service support function for the Personal Travel Experts as and when required. The role will also provide sales and service support for the Head of Business Development, looking after sensitive and high end corporate clients.
Supporting the overall Tournament strategy; this role will be the principle lead, end to end, for all of our tournament packages and VIP Events. Working closely with the Commercial Director to drive an increase in sales revenue and client cross sales, supporting the tournament revenue line. Longer term, this role will also attend events and tournaments, representing Golfbreaks.com with hosting VIP clients and tournament bookers.
- The successful candidate will be a support function for the Personal Travel Experts, providing service support, as required for the Long Haul and Experience led clients.
- Supporting the growth of revenue generated from the corporate, B2B, association, charity markets by working closely with the Head of Business Development by providing sales and service support for high profile customers.
- Candidates will proactively manage a portfolio of tournament bookers by providing an ‘end to end’ customer sales and service experience through a proactive and flexible environment/structure.
- You will be an expert in all tournament packages and events with an ability to proactively and reactively sell these products. You will work with the tournament project team to drive new and innovative packages that support the growth strategy.
- Offering personal support, advice and recommendations on destinations using your expert knowledge for the above markets.
- Upselling clients to create personalised, be-spoke experiences, specifically aimed at the tournament, VIP and B2B bookers.
- You will be empowered to be creative and innovative in how you build your relationships with your customers.
- Supporting lead and coordinator or all VIP Events and client engagement. You will work closely across departments when facilitating business development events
What we are looking for:
- 2-3 years’ experience – ideally from a sales, service or events sector.
- Candidates who are passionate about delivering excellent sales and service levels to your customers.
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Good experience and knowledge using Microsoft Office applications
- The candidate must be able to play golf and have good conversational golf knowledge.
- Strong communication skills and be to develop relationships with key clients.
- Able to self-manage when working remotely.
- Desire to continually expand on your product knowledge, going ‘over and above’ as required.
- ‘Can do’ attitude where nothing is too much trouble.
- Ability to position products proactively and in line with bespoke customer expectations and interests.
- Team player; able to work as part of a team supporting the objectives and mission of the team.
- Competitive salary
- 20 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension
- Opportunity to make a difference in an ever evolving company
- Regular familiarisation trips both domestically and overseas.
- Company sports activities
- Brand new office based in Royal Windsor
Golfbreaks.com was formed in 1998 by Chief Executive, Andrew Stanley, and is Europe’s specialist golf travel company, organising golf breaks for more than 200,000 golfers each year at over 2,000 resorts and courses in the UK, Europe and Worldwide.
With more than 18 years’ experience and an expert team that is passionate about golf and travel, we are known for delivering outstanding service and value, with the reassurance and security of booking with an ABTA and ATOL-bonded travel company. We are also the only golf travel company to reward customers for their loyalty through our Breakpoints customer rewards programme, which earns money off all future bookings made.
We have 150 staff based at our global head office in Windsor, Berkshire – we also have offices in Charleston, USA and Copenhagen, Denmark, from which our American and Scandinavian operations are run. We pride ourselves on our commitment to developing our employees and have been accredited with Investors in People Gold Standard since 2012. We were also voted as the Top Small to Medium-sized Undergraduate Employer at The National Undergraduate Employability Awards in 2016.