E-Learning Specialist - Global Online Travel, Relocate Bangkok
Our client is one of the world's largest and fastest growing online travel agents. Coming from over 60+ countries, the 2,900+ person team is young, energetic, and hyper-focused on every last detail of the internet. They are currently seeking to hire an E-learning Specialist. This role will be based in their Bangkok office and will report directly to the Director of Learning and Leadership Development (L&LD), also based in Bangkok. The role has a global reach.
The L&LD team has a unique function in ensuring the best possible development of all people, without taking ownership for development away from employees and their managers. As such they are a small team of professionals who advise and enable teams throughout the organisation to work on development. Setting challenging targets, co-create content, co-facilitate, teach others to teach and coach, and provide systems to scale, measure, and exchange learning.
The main focus of the role is online or e-learning - including content creation and technical deployment. They have a strong preference for in-house creation of highly customised learning programs. Programs are usually blended and manager-led.
- Design and develop learning programs and content, with special focus on online learning and other innovative learning methodologies to help educate a globally distributed work force
- Employ innovative capability building methods that go beyond the classroom, including self-directed learning, technology-based learning, learning on the job, mobile learning, testing, monitoring, etc.
- Consult with and guide our various departments
- Analyse needs for learning and development programs. Track and measure impact
- Cover content development and delivery both for general management skills (e.g., project management, ensuring managers do performance reviews effectively) and for domain skills (e.g., industry knowledge, understanding our connectivity systems)
Work closely with
- L&D manager who specialise in online learning course design
- All departments
- Most parts of the People and Organisation Development department, especially Learning and leadership development itself, Talent acquisition, and Operations
Things to understand
- The department is called "People and Organisation Development" rather than "HR" because the company believes in developing people rather than focusing on pure administration and rules. The philosophy is that the most important job is to help managers manage well, rather than telling them what to do - or doing their jobs for them. The Learning and Leadership Development function operates largely in this way, with managers, including the CEO, participating in the design of learning programmes and (co-)facilitating them. They offer guidance and expertise, while collaborating, in order to create customised and relevant learning. They tend not to outsource, and in the rare instances that they get external support, these programs are heavily customised, with the company's help.
- Our client is a medium-sized, very multinational company (ca. 2,000 employees, 28 countries, 35+ locations), which has been growing rapidly. We're seeking someone who can help scale up learning without imposing big-company thinking and models. We enjoy experimenting and continuously improving how we teach.
- Understand that building new programs and processes takes both time and hard work - and have the willingness and skills to put both in
- Experience in developing and administering online learning a must. Preference for experience with Camtasia, Storyline, and Absorb LMS.
- Learning program design that includes offline learning a plus
- Consulting backgrounds and other non-L&D business experience welcome
- English fluency essential; other languages (especially Chinese, Japanese, Thai, or Korean) an asset
Strong project management skills to lead and structure thinking and work, ability to multitask, and organise others who do not directly report to the role.
- Quantitative skills to organise, analyse, and manage data and reporting
- Critical and innovative thinking
- A non-hierarchical approach; the flexibility and ability to build consensus
- Ability to build strong, trusting business relationships and cooperate with colleagues from different countries and professional backgrounds
- Ability to influence and persuade; sense of humour always a plus
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility and ability to work productively with ambiguity
- Undergraduate degree from a top university expected; advanced degrees welcome
Please note that this role is based in Bangkok - Full visa & relocation is available