Portuguese Linguist & Localisation Specialist - Global eTravel
Portuguese Linguist and Localisation Specialist - Global eTravel - Relocate to Budapest
Our client's Language team is looking for a Portuguese Linguist and Localisation Specialist to improve localisation of multiple products. Join their international team in a beautiful central Budapest location and work in a fun and fast paced environment!
- You will be a native level Portuguese speaker with excellent writing skills
- You'll have a Bachelor's degree, be highly organised with great time management skills
- Excellent English language and translation skills
- You'll also be a bit of a whizz kid with online searching tools!
- At least 2 years' full-time experience as a translator - Travel, Advertising or Publishing background is a definite plus
- Solid Portuguese copy-writing experience
About our client:
They are one of the fastest growing online hotel booking platforms in Asia, with a global footprint. Despite the success and size of the company, they still operate with a start-up feel.
About the role:
You will work on targeted strategies to increase visibility on the company brand and optimise marketing efforts across the Portuguese speaking market. You will report to the Foreign Language Operations Manager.
- Maintain quality of website content translation/localisation
- Provide localisation ideas and add a linguistic perspective to development
- Translate English content (site updates, hotel content, press releases, travel articles, promotional emails and newsletters) closely following the company brand and language guidelines
- Recruit, manage and supervise freelancers
- Ensure freelance translations meet required quality standards
- Conduct website reviews for inconsistencies and localisation issues
- Analyse language specific data to optimise website and campaign performance
- Conduct marketing activities to increase visibility of the company and website traffic within the target market
- Assist other departments in their daily requests
- Perform ad-hoc administrative duties
Sounds like a great fit? Then please apply with your CV today!
PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE IS BASED IN BUDAPEST! You must be willing to relocate to Hungary if you are interested in this role.
NB: All CVs must be in English to be considered.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.