Data Specialist Manager - global eCommerce leader - Bangkok
Data Specialist Manager - global eCommerce travel leader - Role based in Bangkok, Thailand
Our client seeks a talented Data Specialist Manager to help their UX and UI teams design a truly exceptional user experience for this global eCommerce company over desktop/web and mobile app mediums.
This is what makes this challenge interesting:
This billion-dollar company recognize they have only scratched the surface. They are in the online travel space which is extremely dynamic and competitive. Their aim is to deliver compelling designs that craft a world-class customer experience. This is a key role in defining the future of their products that reaches millions of customers around the globe.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a Data Analyst/Specialist position or otherwise in projects involving big data
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Statistics/Math or Engineering. Higher studies are good to have
- Strong background in data analysis, statistics, and business intelligence tools and data warehouse i.e. T-SQL commands, Tableau and MS Excel
- Must be data savvy and love crunching numbers
- Strong analytical skills and excellent demonstrative ability in collection of data and analysis of trends in order to predict the conclusions and recommendations
- Experience in R studio and data modeling is a plus
- Fluent in English with strong communication skills
In this role you will:
- Work with different stakeholders and data science teams to get a holistic perspective on product and user data and be able to leverage these in providing a better agoda customer experience
- Work closely with Business to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets using different techniques and tools such as R studio or Tableau
- Analyze and optimize data usage, and precise for more data capturing if needed
- Propose actionable solutions and options to solve multifaceted problems
- Have the ability to work with a face-paced environment and be resilient to work in the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia.
About our client:
They are one of the fastest growing online hotel booking platforms in Asia, with a global footprint. Despite the success and size of the company, they still operate with a start-up feel; you get to be part of choosing where and what you're working on, the technologies and how they solve the business concerns.
Based in one of Asia's most dynamic cities, Bangkok provides a setting like no other: edgy, luxurious, impossibly sensorial, endlessly layered. This role offers the perfect junction of a globally-minded career and the heart of Asian travel. You will learn and expand your skills as a designer by applying your craft at a scale you will not see in lot of companies.
Are you up for the challenge? Then please apply with your CV and a link to your online portfolio.
This position is open to local and international applications, for overseas persons the role comes with a generous relocation package and visa sponsorship, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Bangkok.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.