Product Owner - Fraud - Global eCommerce Travel Leader, Bangkok
Product Owner - Fraud - Global eCommerce Travel Leader - Bangkok
This is an exciting role working on risk management and fraud prevention for this fast paced and high profile leading eCommerce company in Asia. This role is based in Bangkok, Thailand and Visa/Work Permit and Relocation will be offered.
- Analytically minded people with a background in computer science, physics, statistics, actuarial science or economics and experience gained gained in blue-chip financial services companies, online payments or the military
- who bring knowledge of latest internet trends and technologies and a passion for web design
- and seek to apply their ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods within the fast-paced environment of a highly successful online company
Our client believes in delivering truly compelling customer engagement. Their focus is on blending choice, value and convenience to deliver a consistent and rewarding user experience. As a global e-commerce leader, they are located in 25 countries and counting. A multinational team of more than 1,200 professionals, located throughout the world, provides a first-class reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and connections to make available the best hotel deals to both business and leisure travellers. Their website is at the cutting edge of a mobile payment-driven industry.
They are now looking for a Product Owner - Fraud who will drive the strategic and functional goals for managing risk and preventing fraud. This role will be based at their Asian Operational Headquarters in Bangkok.
As a Product Owner you will be responsible for defining the overall strategy and goals for the company's various products, including the website, mobile applications and mobile website, email marketing, as well as advanced internal products and tools such as algorithmic PPC bidding systems and pricing software. You will:
- drive the relentless innovation required to stay ahead in an extremely dynamic and competitive industry
- create and maintain a product roadmap and will be responsible for communication with all stakeholders (business heads, marketing, developers, and senior management) to ensure that the company's products continue to perform at the highest possible level and serve the needs of their many customer groups.
- see the big picture and the small detail at the same time
- understand the broad needs of the business, scan the competitive landscape in which your product operates, spot trends and technical developments and update the product roadmap as needed. At the same time, you will be aware of every detail of the product from design to functionality to usability
- know the various ecommerce metrics and concepts very well - conversion, repeat rates, ROI, site performance metrics, bounce rates, return on investment
As Product Owner in this organization you can expect to work on the cutting edge of technology, data, digital marketing, algorithmic decision-making and consumer psychology - all at a scale that very few ecommerce companies in the world today can offer.
- Develop and continuously adapt the product strategy and vision for managing risk and fraud prevention
- Lead company-wide product innovation
- Convert strategic goals into operational tasks
- Work with graphic designers to create and maintain consistent, branded look and feel across all products
- Define navigational flow and user experience on the site, apps, etc
- Make proposals to senior management regarding implications of proposed plans
- Develop and implement administrative and operational matters ensuring achievement of objectives
- Define KPIs for all projects and evaluating the success of a project
- Evaluate risks and tradeoffs associated with each course of action
- Work closely with users to ensure all projects meet business needs
- Proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
- Experience working with data scientists
- Experience working in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- Experience and passion for web design, functionality and testing
- Enthusiasm to develop engineered processes and technologies and to apply innovative solutions to make organizational improvements while encouraging creative thinking and innovation
- Ability to motivate and inspire development teams to achieve beyond what they imagined possible
- Entrepreneurial and analytical; effective at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business
- Experience with the latest internet trends and technologies
- Relentless curiosity and an urge to innovate, measure and improve
- Openness to change and new information
- Hands-on mentality
- Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses
- Process oriented and strong problem-solving skills
- Capacity to identify and keep up to date on relevant global trends
- Collaborative and consensual approach.
- Commitment to 'speed wins' philosophy
- Highly ethical
- Experience gained in technological military units
- Excellent knowledge and experience of fraud prevention/detection within the field of online businesses
- MBA or advanced Math, Computer Science or Statistics degree preferred
YOUR NEXT STEP
Does this look like it was written for you? Do you bring what we're looking for? If so, don't hesitate and send your CV and cover letter today!