Quantitative Researcher - global eCommerce leader - Bangkok
Quantitative Researcher - global eCommerce Travel Leader - Role based in Bangkok, Thailand
Our client seeks a talented Quantitative Researcher to help their UX and UI teams design a truly exceptional user experience for this global ecommerce company over desktop/web and mobile app mediums.
They are looking for thoughtful, extremely talented design researchers (and design thinkers) to join their team and help them fundamentally shape the vision of their product. They want you to play a major role in building a design driven culture.
This is what makes this challenge interesting:
This billion-dollar company recognize they have only scratched the surface. They are in the online travel space which is extremely dynamic and competitive. Their aim is to deliver compelling designs that craft a world-class customer experience. This is a key role in defining the future of their products that reaches millions of customers around the globe.
- You're a Quantitative Researcher with a background in quantitative research as it relates to UI and UX Design
- You have a deep understanding of quantitative research methods, you know when to apply the appropriate methods
- Because of your collaborative mindset, you'll have no issues working with product and engineering teams to ship products
- You know how to drive change by clearly communicating findings to stakeholders and integrating user research into product designs and design practices
- You like to share insights using storytelling techniques to generate empathy and instill confidence
- You are the member of the team that is the repository of user research and usability data for your company
- You hold a degree in any social science such as Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science or related field or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years' experience in applied product research working very closely with UX/UI Designers within a corporate or technical / marketing environment.
- You can demonstrate excellent knowledge of qualitative research methods
- Comfortable in the field and in the lab
This role won't be right for you if:
- Your background is within academic or medical research. This role is very specific to the UX/UI world and previous experience is essential
- You are an international applicant with less than two year's relevant work experience within Design Research - in this instance you will not qualify for visa sponsorship
About our client:
They are one of the fastest growing online hotel booking platforms in Asia, with a global footprint. Despite the success and size of the company, they still operate with a start-up feel; you get to be part of choosing where and what you're working on, the technologies and how they solve the business concerns.
Based in one of Asia's most dynamic cities, Bangkok provides a setting like no other: edgy, luxurious, impossibly sensorial, endlessly layered. This role offers the perfect junction of a globally-minded career and the heart of Asian travel. You will learn and expand your skills as a designer by applying your craft at a scale you will not see in lot of companies.
Are you up for the challenge? Then please apply with your CV and a link to your online portfolio.
This position is open to local and international applications, for overseas persons the role comes with a generous relocation package and visa sponsorship, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Bangkok.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.