ASSISTANT TEAM LEADER - EVENTS / CONFERENCES / MEETINGS
ASSISTANT TEAM LEADER - VENUE TEAM - MEETINGS / EVENTS & CONFERENCES required for a leading event management company based in Bradford. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Team Leader / Supervisor or Senior Venue Consultant with experience of leading a team in venue finding, and meetings and events coordination for a key corporate client. Offering an basic salary of up to £19,500 dependant on experience , working Monday - Friday on a small shift pattern between the hours of 8.30am - 6pm as well as other additional benefits.
This is a unique opportunity working for a professional event management services specialist which deliver value through creative and meticulously planned events. They employ the best people, supported by the latest technology to connect their delegates with the ultimate brand experience. They are experts in connecting companies with their chosen audience whilst adding value at every stage of the experience, from the initial negotiation of rates to the detailed planning required to deliver every event successfully. They are also the fastest growing division of this highly successful business travel company.
The Assistant Team Leader oversees the Venue Sourcing team for a key client, working closely with the Team Leader and the wider events / meetings and conferences team to ensure the highest level of client service. The focus of this role is to oversee the day-to-day operational running of the key client team and ensure that the Venue Consultants provide efficient and professional venue sourcing and meeting coordination services, supported by their technology, creating proposals that maximize value and ROI for their customers.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone working in a similar role such as a Senior Consultant, Supervisor or Team Lease within a meetings / events / conferences booking agency, or for individuals with experience in a leading, motivating, supervisory capacity within operational or sales in a hotel or events venue, to take the step up into a management position.
As ASSISTANT TEAM LEADER - VENUE TEAM - MEETINGS / EVENTS & CONFERENCES YOU will be RESONSIBLE FOR:-
- Ensuring the venue sourcing team runs efficiently, and all company procedures and processes are adhered to
- Line management of your team, including monthly 1 to 1's, training and KPI reviews
- Key client stakeholder liaison and relationship management
- Preparation of proposals using creativity and 'outside-the-box' thinking
- Upselling of additional services
- Preparation and management of venue and client contracts and payments
- Adherence to company processes and policies, as well as client processes and requirements
- Supplier relationship management and negotiation
- Communication and close working relationship with the rest of the venue team
To apply for this unique opportunity as a ASSISTANT TEAM LEADER - MEETINGS / EVENTS & CONFERENCES you will:-
- Have previous experienced working within a similar role where you have planned corporate meetings and events for an events / meetings / conference agency in a supervisory / lead consultant or team leading role
- Alternatively applications will be considered from candidates working in an operational or sales role for a hotel, ideally a supervisory, junior management role
- Excellent organisational skills
- Very strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in managing relationships with clients or customers
To apply for this excellent opportunity to work for a leading travel business travel company and work within their meetings / events & conference team, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below.
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk