BDM – TMC
A fantastic and financially rewarding role for the successful candidate to work as a business development manager in generating new business for an established TMC in Central London. They are seeking a gregarious, sales obsessed and target motivated superstar with a passion for business development to join their established and expanding company.
This exciting role will develop long term relationships based on trust and added value by securing new client contracts, delivering outstanding results around helping client reduce travel costs, improve service & performance and manage change.
The BDM Role:
Develop and implement a personal sales strategy for targeting suitable new businesses in line with company growth as directed by the MD.
- The role is focused on helping new clients in reducing costs and providing customised travel solutions based on their individual needs
- Build and nurture a strong sales pipeline; by qualifying, scoping and closing opportunities in line with the sales process
- Making calls, generating and bringing on board new corporate travel accounts and will require following up on marketing leads and new enquiries
- BDM will attend and prospect new business/accounts at corporate travel events, such as travel trade shows etc.
- Build rapport and sustain long-term relationships, based on trust and consistent delivery to expectations
- Produce clear, well-structured, concise written summaries and reports and will be initiating own activities within 'best fit' target, along with maintaining and update an accurate log of activity in the CRM system
Your Skills & Experience:
- Able to demonstrate travel industry knowledge and be experienced in engaging with senior management & director level and must possess outstanding ability to build rapport both internally and externally
- Good understanding of business principles and be confident when speaking and negotiating at senior level
Proven sales track record in growing and managing key account relationships, with mid-high value deals and negotiations
- Must be able to understand client needs, recognise business opportunities and possess excellent communication and presentation skills in order to influence and persuade clients at senior management and director level, and have excellent business and commercial awareness
- BDM will be comfortable presenting at meetings and communicating the corporate message as the company ambassador
This role offers a competitive base salary of up to £36,000 per annum, plus comm and comprehensive benefits such as discounted airline tickets & holidays, along with excellent long-term opportunity for travel career progression.
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.