Product Owner, PPC - global eCommerce Travel Leader - Bangkok
Product Owner, Pay Per Click - global eCommerce Travel Leader - Bangkok
Please note this role is based in Bangkok, Thailand. Our client is very keen to hear from individuals who are willing to relocate. They offer very comprehensive salary package but full relocation and visa sponsorship.
This American dotcom, a top 5 player in their industry, operates a global network that includes more than 250,000 partners worldwide. Our client provides a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best hotel deals to both business and leisure travellers.
Pay per click (PPC) advertising is at the core of this company's marketing strategy, and they are one of the top-spending and most sophisticated advertisers in the world, whether it's on Google, Bing, or any number of search engines where they advertise.
The PPC Product Owner role is part of the overall PO organization, headed by the Chief of Product Officer and based in Bangkok. You are responsible for defining and executing the overall PPC roadmap as well as liaising with marketing business owners in order to achieve performance targets.
As product owner you will drive the relentless innovation required to stay ahead in an extremely dynamic and competitive industry. You will see the big picture and the small detail at the same time. You will understand the broad needs of the business, scan the competitive landscape in which their product operates, spot trends and technical developments and update the product roadmap as needed. At the same time, you will understand every detail of the product from design to functionality to usability.
The PPC PO will collaborate on a daily basis with data scientists to build world-class machine learning models. You will need to understand various ecommerce metrics and concepts across all functions very well - conversion, repeat rates, ROI, site performance metrics, bounce rates, return on investment, etc.
You will need to be a strong communicator. You will create and maintain a product roadmap and will be responsible for communication with all stakeholders (business heads, marketing, developers, and senior management) to ensure that the company's products continue to perform at the highest possible level and serve the needs of our many customer groups.
In summary, the PPC Product Owner can expect to work on the cutting edge of technology, data, digital marketing, algorithmic decision-making and consumer psychology - all at a scale that very few ecommerce companies in the world today can offer.
- Lead company-wide product innovation in PPC advertising
- Lead the marketing/product relationship to experiment & execute on product innovation
- Drive experimentation through product on all different pillars of optimization (bidding, ad optimization, keyword expansion)
- Expand and maintain our current suite of 30+ products
- Beta testing of new search engine features (Get access to all the new Google features 3 months before everyone else!)
- Experience in PPC search advertising & performance marketing optimization
- Experience managing and optimizing search marketing campaigns
- Excellent at managing large scale technology projects across multiple countries
- Able to build large data structures, write complex SQL queries
- Extremely comfortable with data. Proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
- Experience implementing innovative ideas or products in complex organization
- Experience working in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- Enthusiasm to develop engineered processes and technologies and to apply innovative solutions to make organizational improvements while encouraging creative thinking and innovation
- Ability to motivate and inspire development teams to achieve beyond what they imagined possible
- Entrepreneurial and analytical; effective at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business
- Experience with the latest internet trends and technologies preferred
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies and skill sets:
- Relentless curiosity and an urge to innovate, measure and improve
- Openness to change and new information
- Proven skills in recruitment and staff leadership
- Hands-on mentality
- Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses
- Process oriented and strong problem-solving skills
- Capacity to identify and keep up to date on relevant global trends
- Collaborative and consensual approach.
- Commitment to 'speed wins' philosophy
- Highly ethical
- Sense of humor, humility
- Willing to relocate to Bangkok, Thailand (if not already living there) - full visa sponsorship and relocate provided
If this role sounds like it's for you please send us your CV right now. Our client will be starting interviews imminently.