Head of Travel and Events
Head of Travel and Events. Central London.
Working for a consortium of international travel trade unions. To ensure effective delivery of global travel and events. You would be responsible for the ongoing development of the global travel and events function in line with the company’s core principles.
Head of Travel and Events overview of responsibilities:
- Working closely with appointed Travel Management Companies to maintain service level agreements.
- Responsible for initiating, negotiating and recommending global travel and event related services
- Managing the relationship with appointed interpreters ensuring the memorandum of understanding is upheld by both parties and continues to meet the needs of the global organisation.
- Responsible for the post event evaluation of logistics and operations for meetings and events; develops and implements improvements together with the leadership team.
- Supporting and contributing to the overall work plans, campaign programmes and budgeting process
- Supporting and contributing to risk the management strategy of the organisation
- Producing travel and events related reports, analysis and delivering work plans
- Overseeing and ensuring the delivery and success of event services
- Responsible for the line management of the team supervisor
Head of Travel and Events key skills:
- Proven experience of booking international travel related services
- Proven experience of international meetings and/or event organisation
- Proven experience of negotiating with external suppliers
- Knowledge of fares and ticketing
- Proven experience in managing and leading a team
- Proven experience in managing budgets
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office packages
For further information, please contact Paul in the Business Travel team.
PLEASE NOTE! Due to volume of applications, only suitable applicants will be contacted. Is this not the job for you? If you recommend someone who isn’t known to New Frontiers and we go on to place them in a role, we’ll send you £200 of Amazon vouchers as a massive thank you!