Service Delivery Manager, Mandarin, global eCommerce - Shanghai
Service Delivery Manager, Mandarin, global eCommerce travel leader - Shanghai
Our client believes in delivering truly compelling customer engagement. Their focus is on blending choice, value and convenience to deliver a consistent and enjoyable user experience. An American dot com, they are a world leader in booking accommodations on-line operates a global network that includes more than 550,000 hotels worldwide. A multinational team of more than 1,200 professionals, located throughout the world, provides a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and connections to provide the best hotel deals to both business and leisure travellers.
The Manager of Customer Experience Group provides vision, leadership, and guidance to each team leader and associates in the key operating areas through performance and goal setting. Effectively communicates with team, developing a climate in which information is shared openly. Clearly defines team goals and expectations. Develops tactical plans to reach these goals.
Manage the daily operations of the contact centre division of our client.
Ensure the contact centre meets agreed service levels, statistics and targets set out by the Senior Director of Operations.
- Maintains and improves call centre operations by monitoring system performance; identifying and resolving problems; preparing and competing action plans; completing system audits and analyses; managing system and process improvement and quality assurance programs; installing upgrades.
- Prepares call centre performance reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising data and trends.
- Ensure all call centre agents have performance appraised by monthly one to one sessions and continuous motivational methods are employed throughout the year.
- Ensure the call centre is resourced adequately by shift and make necessary adjustments in line with this.
- Reduce attrition levels within the call centre.
- Ensure that customer care specialists and team leaders are empowered.
- Fosters associates to learn, develop and adapt to a constantly changing work environment. Continuously reviews team performance; identifies and appropriately addresses opportunities for improvement. Determines training requirements. Ensures timely and effective training is delivered to enhance skills of the team. Implements initiatives and processes to improve all aspects of the department.
- Responsible for all client/customer-related tasks including customer satisfaction surveys.
- Manage daily performance of multiple supervisors in a fast paced call centre environment.
- Establish clear roles, directions, responsibilities, and performance requirements for call centre supervisors.
- Lead by example to directly and indirectly motivate and generate enthusiasm among call centre employees.
- Consistently build and maintain positive team morale.
- Research and analyse root cause of problems, identify trends and recurring problems, and suggest resolutions.
- Attend and initiate management meeting.
- Ensures that the division executes on business continuity and security processes.
- Monthly and quarterly division performance reviews.
- Create and suggest leadership and executive programs for the team leaders.
- Create the annual, quarterly and monthly plans of the call centre division assigned, have these plans approved by the operations director then implement.
- Review plans and proposals created by team leaders and customer care associates.
- Reward and recognise performance.
- Ensure that the working environment is in line with the vision, mission and values.
- Cultivate a culture of ownership among department employees by involving employees in problem-solving and decision making as much as possible.
- Oversee the work-flow management and quality of work, ensuring overall compliance with government regulations/local laws of the land.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the BPO / Contact centre environment.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a senior supervisor, junior management or management experience.
- At least a college graduate (4-year course), university degree.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Mandarin
- Spoken and written Cantonese is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of PC applications / tech savy
- Ability to work with very minimal guidance or supervision in a time critical environment.
- Strong time management skill.
- Immaculate telephone manners and communication skills.
- Excellent listening skills, critical-thinker with attention to detail.
- Ability to work in both a team environment and autonomously.
- Must have a strong track record of evaluating, analysing, implementing, leading, and monitoring effective and efficient processes to proactively improve centre efficiency and staff performance.
- Excellent personal and interpersonal skills to interact with a variety of individuals, including building strong partnerships with other departments.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and effectively manage different timelines.
For candidates applying from another country:
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience and a Bachelor's Degree is required, or a minimum of 5 years of work experience and a Diploma.