Experienced Travel Consultant – Full-time or part-time
The Colchester Travel Group is looking for motivated, enthusiastic individuals, with travel industry experience, to work in our busy, independent travel agents as part of a small, friendly team creating worldwide holidays for a discerning clientele. We are currently seeking experienced travel consultants in our Coggeshall, Colchester and Great Dunmow branches. Coggeshall Travel also incorporates our niche tour operator, The Discovery Collection, specialising in bespoke holidays to European destinations. While Colchester Travel incorporates our niche tour operator, Nordic Experience, the Scandinavian holiday specialist.
The Colchester Travel Group is a privately-owned family travel agent, established for over 17 years and offers a wide range of travel options across our 4 branches located throughout Essex in Billericay, Coggeshall, Colchester and Great Dunmow. All of our Travel Consultants are seasoned travellers with in depth, first-hand experience of more than 100 countries who all relish the opportunity to organise tailor-made, unique itineraries for our clients.
As a Travel Consultant, you will be the primary point of contact for customers looking for a tailor-made holiday. The successful candidate must have outstanding communication skills with an excellent standard of written and spoken English as well as strong attention to detail. Exceptional interpersonal skills, as well as a willingness to go the extra mile are required in order to provide a superior level of service to our customers when defining and refining their requirements to ensure that they are delighted with the inspiring travel itineraries provided.
We are looking for someone with a genuine interest in travel, a passion of exceeding customer expectations as well as a desire to be part of a unique, independent travel agent. This is a multi-channel role which means that you will interact with customers in person, on the phone as well as via email, so it is essential that you have a solid customer facing sales background. Proactive, enthusiastic and hardworking, you will be keen to take on an active role as part of the team.
The successful candidate must:
- Have worked previously in a sales or support role in a Travel Agency and/or for a Tour Operator
- Have experience in preparing bespoke long and short haul holiday packages
- Have a strong worldwide geographical awareness, solid destination knowledge and be well travelled
- Demonstrate high standards of customer service
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work autonomously and within a team
Other relevant information:
- The offices are open 6 days a week from 9:00am - 5:30 pm, Monday to Saturday You will therefore be required to participate in a weekend sales rota.
- The position is offered on either a full-time or part time basis.
- Salary will be determined according to experience.
- The role will suit individuals returning to work after a career break
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply in writing with your CV and covering letter detailing your experience and suitability for the position. Please also specify which of the branches you would like your application to be considered for.