- Contract Type
Conference Consultant. Hampshire.
Our client, a well-respected Travel Management Company is looking for a Conference Consultant to provide efficient servicing of UK and overseas venue finding, event planning and related requirements on behalf of one of their major clients.
You would be responsible for looking after a wide range of events from small meetings to large overseas conferences.
Conference Consultant Key Responsibilities:
- Venue Finding: to advise on destination and venue suitability in relation to client specification/policy, and provide proactive advice on recommended alternatives. To develop a knowledge and understanding of venues that would be deemed as excellent.
- Customer service: to communicate cheerfully with clients and convey a positive attitude, both by phone, and, where required, face to face meetings
- Negotiate rates with suppliers, building strong relationships with preferred suppliers.
- To respond to enquiries in line with companies service level agreements.
- To provide clients with accurate proposal/confirmation documentation in accordance with client policy and current procedures
- To oversee contract negotiation and delivery between suppliers and bookers.
- To record all enquiry/confirmed booking details and ensure all booking files are maintained accurately in accordance with current procedures and invoicing requirements
- To provide ongoing liaison with suppliers as required in relation to the booking until event is finalised
- Undertake site inspections or occasional provision of on-site assistance if required.
- To maintain product knowledge/develop expertise through site visits and educationals as appropriate and maintain supportive literature/material on destinations and venues
Conference Consultant Key Skills:
- Good UK and Overseas venue/destination knowledge, ideally gained through providing conference planning/venue sourcing services.
- Positive, helpful attitude reflected in all telephone and personal communication, engendering confidence in the service
- Enjoy working with people/understanding of what makes 'good customer service’
- Team player – appreciation of shared goals and objectives
- Strong organisational skills
- Able to prioritise and work well under pressure – react well in a fast-paced environment
- PC literate; competent in Windows/Word/Excel
- Good business letter composition
- Numerate, with knowledge of basic principles of negotiation
- Previous use of Meetings Manager would be a bonus
For further information please contact Paul at New Frontiers Travel Recruitment.
PLEASE NOTE! Due to volume of applications, only suitable applicants will be contacted. Is this not the job for you? If you recommend someone who isn’t known to New Frontiers and we go on to place them in a role, we’ll send you £200 of Amazon vouchers as a massive thank you!