This is a fantastic opportunity to be central to the future growth of Monarch Holidays. There are three key purposes for this role:
- Merchandising: Co-ordinate holiday marketing messages, liaising between Group Marketing department and MTG teams to ensure optimised merchandising of holiday product and offers.
- Digital: Represent holiday teams in Digital development of Consumer and Trade websites
- Content: Manage all holiday content, and the print and production of brochures
Areas of Responsibility
Merchandising of Holiday Offers and Content
- Deliver seasonal, campaign and product specific strategies for Group Marketing, highlighting the holiday proposition, targets and other success factors, enabling Marketing to build robust plans that deliver required volumes.
- On a weekly basis, provide Marketing with a coordinated view of Tour Operator product, priorities, special offers and other promotional opportunities on a weekly. Work with the various teams in Marketing from concept to approval.
- Manage all details around offer terms and conditions, with validation of lead prices and other campaign content, compliant with legal requirements.
- Manage web merchandising for holiday pages, including banners and pods, deals and product pages. Comply with brand guidelines.
- Work on the project to enhance merchandising opportunities for holidays (Cache).
- Input to development of Tour Operator specific marketing activity (e.g. Lapland, Villas, development of product “Collections”)
- Provide Product and Trade teams with planned campaign details to allow sourcing of offers in a timely manner
- Track and analyze activity to summaries effectiveness of merchandising and propose enhancements. Work with marketing team to analyze all major campaign activity. Deliver clear direction to MTG on what works best.
- Attend and input to weekly Trading meetings, acting on agreed actions. Complete all relevant analysis required, condensing into concise weekly reports.
- Briefings to Trade and Call Centre teams on campaigns. Support Trade Marketing activity, aligning to core marketing campaigns as relevant.
- Manage Tour Operator automated customer communications
- Co-ordinate input from all MTG departments on web development needs, working with the digital product owners to scope, validate and prioritise MTG development.
- Represent MTG on key digital projects and sprint developments, acting as the subject matter expert for holidays. Set priorities for all approved developments.
- Co-ordinate user acceptance testing where required in addition to Digital team.
- Ensure Trade Portal (30% of sales) is enhanced and developed by collating development needs and acting as subject matter expert on projects
- React to negative trading results to rectify issues
- Support group wide and Divisional projects, for example: CRM, Loyalty, Overseas branding, Ancillary revenue, Cache, Affiliate growth, Trade Marketing.
- Deliver business cases is support of MTG Marketing/Digital requirements
Brochure / Content / Management
- Manage all Tour Operator content of hotels and destinations.
- Manage design and production of our range of brochures, evolving design and seeking cost efficiencies. Manage selected internal print activity (e.g. magazines)
- Analyze brochure efficiency and propose future strategy based on that
- Liaise with digital teams on content and CMS development and optimization
- Produce business cases for development brochure strategy & processes
- Manage two direct reports and a team 6 in total
- Manage Matrix relationships with internal peers (inc. Senior Managers)
- Develop “Lean” procedures across all activity
Knowledge & Experience:
- Proven experience of B2C marketing, ideally in travel
- Experience with online trading and digital development (trading focus rather than web development)
- Incredible attention to detail
- Ability to influence without directly managing people (matrix leadership).
- Analytical. A strong commercial awareness with numerical & analytical skills, able to analyse complex sets of data/information and distil trends.
- Ability to develop robust business cases, and present these to senior leadership
- Project Management
- Strong communicator, getting on with people and able to get across message in a succinct and positive way
Education/ Work Experience:
- Degree level qualification preferred or equivalent industry experience
- Travel Industry experience, ideally in a tour operator, with online marketing a part of that role
- Experience of working in a team, including working in a multi-site environment
- Management experience, including working in a matrix organisation
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"
Apply for Merchandising Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly