Overseas Purchasing Executive
At Monarch holidays, our aim is provide our guests with everything that makes the perfect holiday - from putting the package together to our service in resort. Despite being the biggest independent operator in the UK, we are smaller than the major publicly owned tour operators, which gives us the flexibility to respond to customer needs as and when they arise.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our growing travel brand at a very exciting time! The Overseas Purchasing executive role would suit someone looking to grow their career within the overseas purchasing environment.
To maximize commercial opportunities in a given area by sourcing special offers, requesting extra to allocation rooms, extending EBO offers and assisting the Purchasing Managers preparation for contracting meetings.
Contracting responsibility for a geographical area
- Source seasonal rates for all contracted units.
- Compare rates YOY and to ensure all rates are competitive within the UK market.
- Initial negotiations on any rate increase/brochure contributions/EBO discounts with suppliers.
- Contract preparation
- Negotiate EBO extensions/increase & source offers and ETA when required.
- Preparation of any annexes to contracts.
- Build strong working relationships with all suppliers and ensure a high standard of service is maintained in relation to the overseas agreement.
- Check all early booking discount prepayments prior to sending to the Purchasing Manager
- Work closely with UK departments in all areas of Product procurement.
- Actively promote Monarch marketing opportunities amongst suppliers.
- Ensure Standardised Company Purchasing Procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Fluent in English and with basic knowledge of Spanish or Portuguese.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand business needs.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Innovation skills
- Computer literacy.
- Second language skills preferable (Spanish).
- Strong organisational skills
- The ability to communicate at a high level.
- Experience within the Tourist Industry, preferably within purchasing.
- Preferably graduate level.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"
Apply for Overseas Purchasing Executive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly