Travel Team Leader
This role is a newly formed position within the Travel team of a Tour Operator. The role has been created to develop the department and provide support, monitoring and mentoring for every team member. This will ensure every one of them is equipped to deliver the very best result they can. The team leader will manage their teams’ performance closely, be a role model and share feedback with the General Manager for further development planning. The team leader is expected to actively take part in every aspect of the department to include sales, customer service, planning and reporting, reaching individual targets as well as team targets.
Team Leader Role & Responsibilities:
- You will guide, coach and mentor your team members to achieve individual and team sales and service targets
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communications culture
- Responsible for reaching set individual targets and ensuring team targets are met across sales and customer service areas
- With team assess pipelines, workload and hot prospects
- Ensure all team members are working through enquiries in order of priority Actively participate in ongoing product, system and sales training
- Maintain knowledge of current products
- Motivate and provide day to day support to each team member, be approachable and ensure open communication at all times
- Guide, coach and mentor all team members Handle complaints and escalation calls
- Provide daily and weekly reporting on sales, targets, conversion etc
- Weekly 1-1 coaching and development sessions with each team member on a weekly basis Conduct monthly and annual reviews with team members
Experience and Skills required for Team Leader role:
Previous Management / Team Leader experience required within the TRAVEL INDUSTRY
Demonstration of interest in management progression Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Outstanding telephone manner
Comfortable working in tech environments and fast learner Generally confident, highly approachable and problem solver Reliable team player and always happy to support the team Well-organised with great attention to detail
Able to work under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude Hungry to learn and be part of an exciting and fast-paced start up
Able to work 5 out of 7 days (weekend shifts are on an ad-hoc basis shared among the team)
To apply for this Team Leader role, please apply ASAP.
Due to the number of applications – ONLY successful applicants will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE! It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs.