Quality Assurance Testing and Web Support
Testing of all new & existing developments, website updates and integrations to company guidelines and standards. To manage the website support issues and queries ensuring that all sites and supporting systems are operational and business ready at all times.
- Creation and development of all required test plans and test scripts that are comprehensive and fit for use.
- Manage the preparation and execution of all relevant UAT and front end tests with thorough and meticulous detail to minimise buggy/defect code entering the production environment.
- Ensure that all defects are properly reported, logged and re-tested when resolved.
- Providing first line support for any day to day website issues reported by customers and staff, investigating and logging details as well as steps to re-produce, assigning to developers if required and bringing issues to a satisfactory resolution in a timely manner.
- Maintain daily website ‘health’ checks to ensure that all sites owned by Broadway Travel are operational and fit for purpose. These will include, but are not limited to, supplier & product checks, site speed checks, supplier interface performance, costing & booking checks etc.
- Manage any necessary regression testing cycles and any ad hoc testing activities for all digital channels ensuring all change is sufficiently tested before entering production environment.
- To ensure high quality and accuracy is maintained throughout the life span of the development from initial specification through to production ensuring that all work is as scoped when released to live always ensuring that the risk of revenue loss and service disruption is minimal.
- To prepare and execute test plan/scripts to test each development release/sprint and record the expected results both in the test and production environments following release.
- Prepare and circulate any release associated documentation, e.g. release notes, bug sheets/reports.
- To provide objective feedback to the development team and ensure the work is carried out in accordance with the schedule/specification and quality requirements.
- To provide estimates and feedback to line manager for project scheduling purposes.
- To assist with the creation of development specifications to ensure there is consistency in the quality and sign off process.
- Prepare and create any required supporting documentation to ensure all planned developments are carefully considered and approved commercially to ensure a positive ROI.
- Liaise with development vendors to ensure they are producing code to a satisfactory standard.
- To assist in the management of the release/sprint schedule and ensure that all departments adhere to the development release process.
- Regularly meet with manager to discuss current performance.
- Attend internal/external meetings when required.
Skills & Qualifications Required
- Detailed knowledge and proven experience of the various types of test methods and processes including user acceptance testing, front end testing, browser compatibility testing, regression testing, smoke testing, functional testing, system/black box testing, end-to-end testing.
- Experience of testing on different devices especially mobile.
- Knowledge and experience working in an Agile and Waterfall environment.
- Experience of using Jira would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experiences of using Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Knowledge of XML and interpretation of the code used in applications.
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work with exacting standards and a proven high attention to detail.
- Questioning and challenging approach to ensure all angles are considered.
- Highly driven and self-motivated to achieve results and drive performance improvements.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to explain complex issues to all levels.
- Ability to manage time, work to deadlines, prioritise tasks whilst working in a fast paced environment.
- To undertake any other duties that may fall into the job criteria.
- To comply with all company policies and procedures including Health and Safety.
- To treat all employees, customers and suppliers with dignity and respect.
- This job description is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the post but simply reflects the key areas involved.