German Speaking Quotations/Operations Executive
German Speaking Quotations/Operations Executive. We're looking for a talented German speaking travel professional to take the next step in their career working for a fast-paced travel wholesaler and a much-loved travel brand, specialising in B2B leisure and incentive groups. This is an excellent opportunity for a fluent German speaker who is proactive, able to solve problems under pressure in a very dynamic environment. You must also have the ability to communicate at all levels in a multi-cultural environment.
The German Speaking Role:
- Prepare proposals (quotations) and calculating the cost of the tours
- Manage the quotations on-going process and liaise with the service and hotel department to ensure lead time commitments and quality standards are achieved
- Analyse and review pricing based on margin, product mix, competition and strategic impact, including follow up with the service and hotel department on outcome of the proposal
- Identify opportunities to correct parts with the wrong cost/price in system to make process more efficient and achieve a higher success rate
- Maximise every opportunity to increase the company revenue by monitoring losses
- Operate VIP clients
- Make decisions in response to continually changing customer needs and expectations. This includes anticipating demands and forward thinking but also solving on the spot problems
- Continuously develop and apply knowledge, competencies and skills for a wide range of service functions, including industry knowledge, and be able to give advice across a broad spectrum of knowledge areas
- Professional tourism qualification or work experience in the same area is desirable as well as the ability to negotiate and influence. Excellent communication skills - is a must. Fluency in English and German is also a must.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Must be collaborative and be able to work in a team based environment as well as on his/her own initiative and willing to be ‘’hands-on’’
- High ethical standards, analytical ability
- Decisiveness - ability to resolve conflicts between different parties in a dispute and find suitable solutions to challenges
The basic salary is £20,000 - £26,000 per annum, based on experience with excellent career growth opportunities.
Last but not least, this client employs some of the nicest, brightest and most interesting people in the travel industry. Because they only employ the best people.
Sounds Like You?
If so, we’d love to hear from you today!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.