Media Sales Account Manager
1 day left
- Contract Type
The job at a glance:
To maximise revenues and achieve/exceed performance and financial targets, you will be responsible for selling the benefits/features of the Travel Weekly Group digital, print and events brands and services to new and existing clients and advertising agencies.
Travel Weekly Group commercial revenue is generated through the sales of advertising and sponsorship across a range of b2b platforms which includes magazines, websites, email databases and events targeting the travel trade.
The brands within the group are Travel Weekly, TravelAnswerz.com, Aspire, TravelGBI and Travolution.
The main purpose of the role is to identifying new business opportunities and servicing existing relationships with a view to generating and maximising advertising revenue and market share.
You will be part of the advertising sales team.
- To ensure that the required levels of activity (number of appointments, presentations, calls etc) are in place to achieve/exceed individual and team KPIs and targets, increase revenues, grow client bases and guarantee client satisfaction. This will involve developing strong personal links with all the key individuals in your major accounts and turning relationships into long-term partnerships.
- To prepare and research appropriately in order to recommend the best “solutions” and therefore accelerate progress and/or gain commitment via customer meetings.
- To pro-actively and regularly provide clients with relevant information and ideas, and also in response to enquiries about products and services.
- To use the marketing mix and your product knowledge to correctly position your solutions. This includes recognising and dealing effectively with competitor threats.
- To monitor market trends and encourage client feedback – so to maintain a high level of knowledge of industry news and competitor activity.
- To attend, prepare for and participate in one-to-one, appraisal and team meetings that will review/guide performance, share/progress ideas and initiatives, communicate objectives and agree sales plans/focus.
- To complete administrative work as and when required. This includes inputting and maintaining customer records with accurate, high quality information in order to enable effective forward planning, maximise the success of all marketing initiatives and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of customer activity. All client conversations and transactions must be clearly documented.
- To attend internal/external training sessions as and when appropriate to increase skill set. Plus be responsible for continually updating your product, market and competitor knowledge
Skills & Knowledge:
- A good knowledge of the travel market place, and its latest developments and issues, is desirable.
- Comprehensive travel industry contacts are highly desirable.
- Inter-personal skills that enable you to work with people at all levels.
- Excellent selling, presentation, communication and negotiation skills that allow you to inform, advise and influence others clearly and confidently – both face-to-face and over the telephone. To do this, you must be professional in behaviours, appearance and demeanour.
- Self-motivated, strategic thinker with the ability to sell creative concepts. Plus you will have the ability to work on your own initiative and offer/implement new ideas.
- Time management skills that allow you to prioritise your workload and manage your own time effectively, particularly when working to tight deadlines. Plus you must be able to react calmly under pressure and resolve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable in a fast-moving performance-led environment, with a personal commitment to improving one’s own knowledge and skills.
Media/Sales Experience desirable
To apply for this role, please click "Apply Now"
Apply for Media Sales Account Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly