HOLIDAY SALES MANAGER
Reporting to the Directors you will manage our small sales team. As the customer facing representatives of Johnsons you must ensure your team deal with all holiday enquiries, whether in person, on the telephone or via email, along with the associated administration, in an efficient and professional manner.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer telephone when all other sales staff are engaged and deal with the resulting enquiry, be it a booking, cancellation, alteration, time check or query and all of the resulting computer or paperwork.
- Deal with customer face to face when other sales staff are engaged, deal with the resulting enquiry as above.
- Liaise with hotels over rooming allocations, extra rooms giving rooms back and trying to negotiate extra singles.
- Oversee the checking all rooming lists to relevant hotels or agents by the Assistant Manager.
- Check hotel/agent invoices are correct before issuing payment
- Monitor sales so tours can be cancelled within the legal time frame of 6 weeks, make note of those that need extra sales assistance for flyer leaflets.
- List products that need advertising for Marketing Department
- List products that need pushing in our monthly newsletter
- Monitor day trips so they can be cancelled minimum of a week in advance.
- Liaise with Own Products department, Coach Hire department and Director responsible if necessary over decisions to cancel holidays and day trips which have insufficient sales. Then ensure that all parties, ie clients, hotels, traffic, private hire, Ops and directors are notified
- Enter all own products departures and costings on to the computer including day trips and theatre departures
- Deal with costing and price queries when computer and brochure are different
- Monitor overdue payments from clients, check and get a member of the sales team to call them.
- Attend and contribute to relevant sales and products development meeting
- Attend relevant training courses
- Arrange staffing for shows, promotions, Saturdays, holidays and extra staff for peak periods
- Sort mailing list when a brochure is ready to be launched
- Monitor tour performance reports and ensure that cancelled tour costs are altered
- Monitor overdue optional bookings and get a member of the sales team to call and chase the booking
- Monitor outstanding payments from past tours on the computer, chase clients and investigate situation where necessary
- Deal with almost all difficult situations or clients regarding problems they have incurred with their bookings, insurance, hotel bedrooms, last minute hotel changes, itinerary changes, etc, - keep Directors, Own Products department informed, or pass on where necessary
- Distribute the daily post amongst other sales staff
- Advise front office staff when any difficulties arise with clients on issues of personal hygiene, ability to pay, mobility, ongoing health etc..
- Manage the sales staff workload to ensure its shared fairly and kept under control and up to date
- Carry out annual appraisals, and half yearly appraisals including job chats with all sales staff
- Organise and chair regular sales meetings
- Overall monitor all sales staff specific tasks and ensure smooth running of the office by advising and coaching staff
- Receive and check any addition/cancellation/alteration sheets when tour has been finalised
- Deputise client’s cancellation claims when staff member responsible is away
- Deputise courier co-ordinators job when staff member responsible is away
- Deputise rooming lists when staff member is away
- Task weekly rota
- Ensure company post is actioned at the end of every working day
- Adherence to the FCA regulated sales process in regard to travel Insurance
The above list is not exhaustive and you may on occasion be asked to carry out reasonable requests/tasks that are not listed above