Explore specialise in small group adventure holidays, with over 450 tours on offer in 120 countries. We have a wide range of adventure travel options including walking and trekking tours, cycling tours, polar voyages, family adventure holidays and much more
We are currently looking for an Operations Manager with experience in the travel industry to join our Product and Operations Team. The role holder will be responsible for day-to-day tour operations and product delivery (with emphasis on quality and safety) of tours in a particular geographical area. They will be the first point of call for on-tour incidents and so this job will suit someone after a challenge of working in an ever changing environment.
Passionate about travel, the Operations Manager will ensure first class recruitment, training and management of our Tour Leaders to enable them to deliver a quality service and help us achieve the company vision of “Enriching Lives Through Adventure Travel”.
The Key Responsibilities' for the role are:
- Responsible for maintaining accuracy of existing parts of the trip information (trip notes, planning sheets, etc).
- Responsible for ensuring quality and safety on all services provided on Explore holidays.
- Investigate any quality issues, provide Customer Relations with detailed information to enable them to reply efficiently to customer letters and ensure pro-active steps are taken to avoid future complaints.
- Work closely with Product Managers to ensure trips operate smoothly and meet the expectations of customers.
Tour Leader Management:
- Effective liaison with Leaders and ground agents to ensure high performance levels in line with company strategy.
Tour Leader recruitment and training –
- Participate in selection days and training of Explore Leaders (in house and overseas), including attending first aid courses.
- Aim to obtain highest Industry levels of Leader recruitment and training.
- Deal efficiently with day-to-day operational problems, one-off incidents and crisis situations.
- Participate in duty rota (cover one week in every six).
- Responsible for Explore Leader travel budgets
Customer Services –
On-going training of Sales Team and assist with queries from customers to aid in the sale of tours.
Attend and participate in World Travel Market, Adventure Travel presentations and other Trade Fairs as requested.
Meet with new and existing ground agents to ensure quality and safety on all Explore tours.
To participate in/run ad hoc projects/tasks as required
- Travel overseas to include Leader training, dealing with incidents, recces, quality control and industry familiarisation trips / product knowledge (possibly at short notice).
You will have proven management skills, be commercially aware and have excellent negotiating skills. Be a strong communicator, with excellent geographical and related product knowledge, with a strong attention to detail, well organised and able to prioritise workloads.
An ability to work calmly under pressure and deal effectively with customers and challenges whilst on tour is also essential.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"