Tour Operations Manager
Tour Operations Manager - Farnborough £28k
Tour Operations Manager - Role Summary
The Operations Manager has responsibility for the day-to-day trip operations and product delivery (with emphasis on quality and safety) of trips in a particular geographical area. The Operations Manager is the first point of call for on-trip incidents and so this job will suit someone that enjoys the challenge of working in an everchanging environment. Passionate about travel, the Operations Manager ensures through recruitment, training and management that the business has the best Leaders leading their trips who are focussed on achieving the company vision.
Tour Operations Manager - Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining accuracy of existing parts of the trip information (trip notes, planning sheets, etc).
- Responsible for ensuring quality and safety on all services provided on the company holidays.
- Investigate any quality issues, provide Customer Relations with detailed information to enable them to reply efficiently to customer letters and ensure pro-active steps are taken to avoid future complaints.
- Work closely with Product Managers to ensure trips operate smoothly and meet the expectations of customers.
- Effective liaison with Leaders and ground agents to ensure high performance levels in line with company strategy.
- Participate in selection days and training of Explore Leaders (in house and overseas), including attending first aid courses.
- Aim to obtain highest Industry levels of Leader recruitment and training.
- Deal efficiently with day-to-day operational problems, one-off incidents and crisis situations.
- Participate in a duty rota (cover one week in every six).
- Responsible for the Tour Leader travel budgets
- On-going training of Sales Team and assisting with queries from customers to aid in the sale of tours.
- Attend and participate in World Travel Market, Adventure Travel presentations and other Trade Fairs as requested.
- Meet with new and existing ground agents to ensure quality and safety on all trips.
- To participate in/run ad hoc projects/tasks as required
- Travel overseas to include Leader training, dealing with incidents, recces, quality control and industry familiarisation trips / product knowledge (possibly at short notice)
Tour Operations Manager - Key skills
- The ideal candidate will be someone who is both an independent thinker and a team player.
- You should be able to demonstrate a record of working to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- It is essential that you will be able to build rapport and communicate effectively at all levels and show an ability to construct logical, credible and winning arguments that will persuade decision makers (internal and external).
- You should be comfortable in taking responsibility to challenge current processes and participate in delivering strategic growth.
- Whilst they work hard, the company ethos is that they work in a place that is both positive and fun, and so it is essential that the successful candidate is able to fit into this environment.
- Your passion should be travel, and you need to exude this enthusiasm for travel.
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk