Groups Hotel Negotiator & Contractor – Spanish & Portuguese Speakers
A unique opportunity to join a highly passionate, energetic team of go getters and to work for a specialist award-winning travel wholesaler/inbound tour operator that has an unrivalled reputation in the travel Industry. The applicant must possess travel industry or hotel reservations experience and have the ability to communicate at all levels in a dynamic, multi-cultural environment. You must also possess a unique blend of commercial savvy; a big-picture vision, and drive to make that vision a reality. This is a fantastic career developing role not to be missed!
Department: Contracting and Hotel Reservations Department
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Receiving hotel requests from sales departments
- Contacting suppliers according to the sales requirements either by e-mail, fax or telephone
- Negotiating the best possible rates and conditions
- Focusing in maintaining good relationships with existing suppliers
- Researching suppliers including the utilisation of non-contracted suppliers wherever appropriate
- Dealing with amendments and cancellations
- Dealing with inbound telephone, fax and email enquirers and liaising with Sales, Operations and Accounts departments
Now Let’s Talk About you:
- Spanish/Portuguese speaking candidate from a Travel Wholesaler/Inbound Tour Operator, Hotel Reservations or Travel Industry background
- Strong communication, negotiation and client relationship management skills
- Good team player with stamina and persistence
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems - especially at the last minute
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to organise and plan effectively and to prioritise tasks in order to manage multiple activities and meet deadlines
- A ‘can-do’ approach
- Develop short term action plans
- Negotiate rates and create excellent relationships with hotels
- Create and maintain positive, professional working environments in all hotels
- Make sales calls to our client’s top ten accounts at least once each year and targeted accounts at each hotel quarterly
The salary is paying £18,000 - £23,000 per annum, plus career progression will be available in short terms for the right candidate.
If you are an experienced groups contractor with skills, energy and attitude for this role, please send your CV to Red Planet Travel Professionals NOW!
Sounds Like You?
If so, we'd love to hear from you today!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.