In this exciting role as a Duty Officer you will be required to provide 24 hour support to overseas staff, customers, appropriate suppliers, internal departments and Virgin Group Companies together with ensuring the smooth implementation of any change to a customer’s holiday effected by Virgin Holidays & to initiate& deal with disaster recovery.
Day to day
- Provide 24 hour support & back up to all our airport and overseas staff alongside customers
- Cover 24 hour phone line on a roster basis
- Dealing with customer related issues out of hours alongside initating and dealing with disaster recover such as illness/death in resort, theft, hurricanes, ticketing and reservation issues
- Monitor world events & world weather with a view to potential impact on the Virgin Group company and its customers by using available media e.g. internet, television, newspapers & industry sources such as Foreign & Commonwealth Office
- To be the first point of contact for resort with standard & customer related issues
- To be the initial point of contact for Virgin Holidays Emergency Procedures & to invoke call out procedure
- Process urgent flight amendments including live bookings and ticket issuing.
- Constant monitoring of Virgin Holiday passenger numbers and worldwide locations.
- In resort client liaison, pro-active contact with customers in resort
- Monitoring of UK airport flight departures
- Health & Safety investigations
- Manifesting of passenger arrivals to overseas offices
- Booking of ground transfers
- Liaise between all departments to ensure best practises are always maintained, errors are resolved and correction action is taken to ensure they are not repeated
We're seeking an individual who has excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to deal with people in stressful situations and an ability to make effective and consistent decisions, often under pressure. You will also need to be a confident communicator with an exceptional command of the English language alongside excellent computer skills. Experience and knowledge of computer reservation system such as TBOX, Amadeus, Shares/Babel or similar would be desirable but not essential.
You'll need to be a strong decision maker and problem solver with an ability to understand the bigger picture. In addition, you're have exceptional time management skills and can multi task under pressure, along with being self-motivated with the ability to make accurate business decisions. You must be confident & self-assured with initiative, a flexible approach to work, workload and rosters, and demonstrate self-motivation.
Our pioneering spirit and passion keeps our brand vibrantly alive. That's why we give our people the rewards that they deserve. We have a whole host of benefits in place to help you enjoy life to the full, as well as a world of travel opportunities including up to seven flights a year to a wide range of fabulous Virgin Atlantic global destinations. Beyond a whole world of travel opportunities, we also offer a competitive benefits package including pension and private medical schemes, life assurance, child care vouchers and excellent discounts across the Virgin Group of companies.
Click here to follow us on LinkedIn and view our latest company updates and current live vacancies.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Holidays does not accept unsolicited agency CVs. Please do not send unsolicited CVs to our job openings or to Virgin Holidays employees. Virgin Holidays is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"