Sales Team Supervisor
Alongside the Sales Team Manager be responsible for the combined performance and development of the Sales and Operations team including the head-office call center, home-working and retail teams, ensuring that everyone is motivated to achieve their individual targets and that performance is closely monitored and measured.
You will be responsible for ensuring the highest standard of customer service is provided by each team to both internal and external customers, whilst ensuring all calls and enquiries are answered in a timely and professional manner.
You will be a fundamental part of the team’s success and a key person in ensuring the team members are maximizing all sales opportunities.
- To ensure the delivery of agreed sales performance targets, and departmental service standards (abandon rates, call conversions etc)
- To improve efficiency of performance by identifying areas of improvement and to deliver/organize the appropriate coaching and training
- To strive to build a positive environment in which staff receive support, feedback and coaching from you to improve their performance
- To conduct regular 1-1 meetings and conduct performance reviews with small team allocated
- To act as a role model for the team, provide clear leadership and encourage team work
- Ensure all customers receive a courteous professional service to enhance the reputation of all brands and build repeat and recommended business
- Review, develop and implement core responsibilities of the team, whilst alongside the Sales Team Manager planning for and managing change
- To manage and organise staffing requirements, including shift patterns and holiday rosters.
- Supervise, motivate and monitor team performance, help identify training needs and plan training sessions keeping the Sales Team Manager informed of your progress
- Monitor calls to improve quality, minimalise errors and track Travel Advisor performance, and provide regular feedback.
- Liaise with other Sales Supervisors, Travel Advisors and third parties to gather information and resolve issues within the team
- Engage with customers whilst selling holidays plus handling the most complex customer complaints or enquiries when escalated
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the company’s products and services, whilst keeping abreast of industry developments and what competitors are doing
- Responsible for the training of new recruits and on-going training within the team. Able to identify areas of training and development.
- Assist client calls from resort and refer to appropriate department
Knowledge and Experience
- Prior detailed knowledge gained from working within a Sales environment, with proven supervisory experience
- Good knowledge and experience of the Travel Industry would be an advantage
- Ideally educated to A-Level standard (or equivalent)
- Additional courses/qualifications relating to Sales or Management would be advantageous
- Computer literate. Competent user of MS applications, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity of call centre telephone systems, including the use of skills-based routing, would be beneficial
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- A strong customer focus and an ability to work well in teams
- An excellent telephone manner
- A desire to help others work towards and achieve objectives
- Possess leadership skills with the ability and desire to motivate and develop staff
- Good time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Confidence and a good business sense
- The ability to set, meet and exceed targets
- The aptitude to manage change
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"