The Travel Consultant (or Global Connection Officer (GCO) as we call them!) is a sales catalyst, relationship developer, service zealot, organisational wizard, traveller, trainer, problem solver, and company culture enthusiast all rolled into one!
G Adventures is a company that prides itself on changing lives through travel. We have a company culture based around unique core values that we live and breathe every single day. G Adventures has 26 years of success behind us, proven through double digit sales growth year on year, and a global family with 7 regional sales teams, 5 sales offices and 25 local offices
Your mission as a GCO if you choose it, is to connect with our travellers and agency partners; recommending and selling them the right trips based on their unique needs.
- Reach monthly sales targets while driving exceptional customer service KPIs
- Work with both speed and efficiency while consistently displaying compassion and care in every interaction
- Handle any booking issues calmly and with empathy
- Differentiate your service to provide a uniquely G experience for our travellers
How your Mission is Achieved:
- Connect with our prospective travellers both over the phone and via email
- Ask the right questions to ascertain the needs of each unique traveller
- Recommend and sell the right trip for the traveller based on their needs including any extra services that may enhance their experience.
- Ensure the use of correct booking processes and procedures to minimise risk and reduce error rates
- Act at all times with the purpose of providing a life changing experience
- Be an integral part of G Adventures amazing company culture and live by the G Adventures Core values.
- Make meaningful connections with both the global team (including over 100 GCOs) but also your travellers.
- Minimum 1 year front-line sales or customer service experience
- A love of sales and travel
- Experience using a GDS system, preferably Amadeus, is desirable
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work varying shifts and weekends as required
- Problem solving/complaint resolution skills
- Extensive geographical knowledge & travel experience
- Flexible and energetic, with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Enjoy being a part of a global team
If you have what it takes and want to join an innovative company with the most creative travel product on Earth then apply now!
To apply you must hold appropriate citizenship or documents permitting you to reside and work in the United Kingdom.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.