Travel Trade Marketing Manager
- Travel Trade Marketing Manager
- Manchester Airport
- Competitive salary plus job requirement car
Do you want to join the largest UK owned airport operator? A position is now available in our marketing team based at Manchester Airport.
Manchester Airport Group serves circa 48 million passengers and handles almost 500,000 tonnes of freight per year via our four airports; Manchester, Stansted, East Midlands and Bournemouth.
This is your opportunity to join this exciting and ambitious business at a time of growth. Our overall vision as a group is to be the premier airport management and services company and we are striving towards this within every element of our business.
This exciting opportunity is available due to an internal promotion.
This role will be the face of Manchester Airport within the travel trade distribution channel and broader travel industry. The role is required to drive trade sales of the Manchester Airport route network and ensure all travel agents and partners are fully aware of all air services and products available from Manchester Airport.
The role requires face to face meetings with all forms of travel agents, plus head office functions therefore extensive flexibility to travel to a number of locations is a must.
In addition, the post holder will be responsible for all Manchester Airport trade marketing (social, email, hard copy) as well as trade incentives and events. The post holder is also responsible for managing the Manchester trade email database.
Finally, the role will lead on commercial negotiations and partnership arrangements with travel trade partners.
- Extensive experience in travel trade / travel industry / tourism / marketing.
- Previous experience of influencing skills and entrepreneurial approach to work, with the ability to manage both urgent tactical activity with more strategic plans.
- Previous experience of delivering events, both at Manchester Airport and within the catchment area / UK / abroad
- Must have a strong understanding of travel industry / booking patterns, developments, innovations.
- Must understand key trends in marketing / travel trade / broader travel industry
- Must have knowledge of running travel trade incentives and events (eg new route incentives / travel agent promotional events)
- Previous experience of writing and delivering presentations
- Must be prepared to travel to events thought out the UK, Europe and globally, as and when required
- A strong understanding of travel agent book systems / GDS etc
- Flexibility to travel, overnight and stay away from home where needed. Full, clean UK driving licence.
- A marketing qualification (or equivalent work experience) is desirable but not essential.
What we offer
We offer a competitive salary with a range of benefits including a contributory pension scheme and an annual bonus scheme.
Short-listed candidates will need to be available to attend an assessment centre on Friday 8th December and second stage interviews on Friday 15th December.
This advert will close on Thursday 30th November
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"