Business Travel Consultant
Business Travel Consultant - Essex
Our client, an independent Travel Management Company based in Essex is seeking an experienced Business Travel Consultant to join their team. The role entails accepting requests from clients for all forms of worldwide travel including overseas accommodation, all air, rail, Eurostar, car hire, and associated support services.
Business Travel Consultant Responsibilities:
- Booking all means of travel including flights, low cost airline bookings, car hire, passports and visas, rail etc
- Liaise with EMS Department with regard to group flights ensuring that any opportunities to increase the booking are identified and pursued.
- Refunds – ensure processed correctly and appropriate paperwork produced.
- To produce itineraries for Travelers using the company bespoke itinerary system.
- Build long and successful relationships with both existing and new clients to ensure the continued growth of Travel service.
Business Travel Consultant Duties:
- Any other tasks which may be deemed necessary from time to time to further enhance the position of Travel Consultant in particular or the Company in general.
- To accept and practice total quality commitment to the mutual benefit of the Company and its clients.
- To seek to identify any potential opportunities; which would benefit the operation and or the administration of the Company and or its employees.
- Training – undertake any training either in situ or off site which will enhance travel skills.
Business Travel Consultant Key Competencies
- Excellent organisational and telephone skills.
- Good keyboard skills
- Strong administration/clerical skills of a varied nature within standard procedure.
- Commercial awareness to develop business and client relationships.
- Corporate Travel Background.
- Industry background – 3 years Business Travel using a well-knownCRS, preferably SABRE, IATA experience essential.
- BA fares and ticketing Levels 1 and 2 minimum. Level 3 an advantage.