Regional Sales Manager in Travel
Regional Sales Manager in Travel - Home-based
Our client, a Tour Operator based in the Midlands, is seeking an experienced Regional Sales Manager. The role is to work with the trade selling products which include Longhaul Holidays, Cruise, Medsun, Sports and dynamically package these on behalf of Travel Agents. They are looking for someone who has existing contacts and can hit the ground running. The successful candidate will be looking after a large area spanning many counties.
Regional Sales Manager Duties:
- Arrange daily meetings with agent, respond to and follow up sales enquiries using appropriate methods.
- Produce a monthly call plan to cover agents in your specific region ensuring the call plan manages personal time and productivity.
- Maintain close working relationships with existing travel agent partners within set region
- Develop new ways to grow business in own region
- Lead overseas FAM trips and represent the Company by attending UK or overseas conferences, functions, networking events as required.
- Represent and host overseas familiarisation trips to support with educating agents on destinations and company products
- Work closely with commercial partners and key agents to put together commercial deals to include tactical marketing and promotional plans in order to increase mutual business
- Analyse statistical information to ensure fully prepared for meetings with agents, to identify weak agents for development of their business.
- Seek and develop new trade partners by exploring all avenues of potential business
- Review and analyse sales figures for all accounts in your region, put together plans and implement actions for any underperforming or inactive accounts liaising with Agency Sales Support.
- Analyse statistical information to present at regional overview at the sales meetings.
- Communicate information and knowledge to agents and ensure that relevant feedback is communicated to internal departments e.g. reservations, after sales, marketing and the other Sales Managers. Identify any problem areas where your intervention would resolve the problem.
- Liaise with Agency Support to update agents’ database with notes of the activity undertaken.
- Plan, carry out and support local marketing activities to agreed timescales e.g. product launches, events, promotions, advertising, and exhibitions.
- Assist the Marketing Team in carrying out marketing activities. Develop ideas and work with the marketing department to promote products to the trade.
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant examples and information
- Deliver presentations at agent meetings, internal meetings and other functions to promote all products and give an accurate overview of the business.
- Attend training and develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- Adhere to health and safety policy, and other requirements relating to care of equipment.
- Assist in maintaining the internal CRMsystem
- Produce own database of agents to send personalised emails to promote incentives, offers and company news
Regional Sales Manager Attributes:
- Able to build effective working relationships
- Confident outgoing and flexible
- Excellent communication skills
- Quick thinking and able to resolve problems effectively
- Excellent time management and organisational skills